Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given all the moral outrage out there (mostly misplaced snd without context), I'm surprised the former slave trading capital of Europe has had such an easy Eurovision ride. Built upon and famous for, slavery and a band.

Interesting that Bristol have owned their slave trading history & have talked about the shame.

Scousewashing has worked with slavery also. Liverpool’s wealth came from it, the population grew as part of it. Civic buildings & businesses were built from it. In fact the compensation culture started when slavery was abolished.

But no it’s about the potato famine according to Evans.

Most fans view the team they support as something akin to a hobby: an interest that takes up a lot of our time. But the dipper fans see their support as a religion, and the club they choose to follow as some kind of God-like figure, some omnipotent Holy force looking down on them from his throne up above, bestowing love and prosperity to all who believe in it.
It's a football club, FFS! A club where the team of your choice plays their home-games against another football team in order to gain as many points as they can. Matches are played in a football stadium where like-minded fans of said club will all meet up and cheer their team on. That's it.
It's a sport, not a religion. We don't go to a cathedral and listen to some boring sod in a pulpit droning on like the Rev. Lovejoy.
But this is what the dipper fans have turned their club into: an entity that for some reason is beyond criticism. As if Anfield is the new Vatican. Like the pitch is hallowed turf where once pilgrims and other holy sorts would meet and chant Latin-sounding clichès from some ancient book of scriptures, heads bowed in mutual solemnity.

Dipper fans, if the love of your football club has entrenched itself so deeply within your psyche that it controls your life, then I would tactfully suggest you seek some medication to help you overcome this dreadful affliction you are obviously suffering with.

What's this I'm reading that the fa are appealing the punishment Klopp got as being too lenient? Didn't they give the punishment themselves?

What's this I'm reading that the fa are appealing the punishment Klopp got as being too lenient? Didn't they give the punishment themselves?

Nope it's an independent board I learnt today. I have no idea when the fa out souce this department of the fa !

I think the independent board is based at Anfield

Klopp crying about Qatar holding the World Cup and the politics of human rights etc. At the same time Liverpool will be training in Dubai whilst the tournament is on, they pick their arguments when it suits them.
On this everything he’s said is more or less right though. Even a stopped Klopp is right twice a day. Or something like that.

He’s still a twat though

FFS, even Conte is praising them for winning the 2nd place cup. RAWK and the dippers will be all over his comments.

It’s amazing how 2nd has now become more important than 1st.

44-B6-FBA9-380-C-433-E-AF06-0883-FE0-ACEAA.jpg

Interesting that Bristol have owned their slave trading history & have talked about the shame.

Scousewashing has worked with slavery also. Liverpool’s wealth came from it, the population grew as part of it. Civic buildings & businesses were built from it. In fact the compensation culture started when slavery was abolished.

But no it’s about the potato famine according to Evans.

The Scousers have got the International Slavery Museum. The English National Lottery gave it a grant of £10mill. Of course the independent enclave of Liverpool took the money.

*I wonder if the modern day racist and discrimination section has been updated to include Sheik Mansour & Abu Dhabi? I’m sure Liverpool fans, Klopp, FSG and LFC would take a keen interest in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.