Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nunez has scored 9 goals in 900 minutes despite Liverpool playing crap and a stupid sending off. He also isn’t on penalties.

Imagine if Klopp improves him and Liverpool start playing well?
I agree with this. We all want him to be the new Andy Carroll but he does seem half decent.

They paid through the nose for him though and that cash would have been better spent on midfielder reinforcements.

I liked them better when they were shit. :(
They're not exactly brilliant this season, but they do seem to do well in the Champions League- and it seems their league form is starting to pick up again. My hubby is a Pool fan and he's a bit annoyed the break is coming just as they're hitting some momentum again, but I think it could be a good thing for them. Get some injured players back.

They're not exactly brilliant this season, but they do seem to do well in the Champions League- and it seems their league form is starting to pick up again. My hubby is a Pool fan and he's a bit annoyed the break is coming just as they're hitting some momentum again, but I think it could be a good thing for them. Get some injured players back.
Get a different husband

:)

You've spelt "Poo" wrong.

The whole business model was based on scuppering city through ffp and hijacking the scouting database, along with the breakaway superleague and more recently the Saudis not passing the fit and proper owner test. All gone to shit and John Henry wants out.

An accurate assessment imo.
The yanks wanted a closed shop with very little jeopardy.
If their ESL comes off I'm done.
Off to watch Stalybridge Celtic then....

Seems like FSG's £4bn valuation was a tad optimistic (surprise, surprise). More likely US owners, who will hopefully screw them with a leveraged buyout and cash extraction.

Not sure I agree with the whole FSG plan being based on stopping yours and Newcastles owners, but they certainly saw owning liverpool as a cash cow that they could continue to milk long term. The ESL idea was a goal for them to open "additional revenue streams", but I think the biggest factors in the decision and timing are the change on the world economy (and outlook) over the last 2-3 years and also the huge sale of Chelsea.
Cannot claim it is my idea, as it was one I think I heard on Danny Kelly's show, but it's down to economies clowing and interest rates rising around the world. The money that they had used to buy the club and to finance infratstucture improvements would have been relatively cheap at the planning stage. Uncertainty now means that who knows where they are going to stop at.
We have all seen that FSG aren't exactly eager to splash the cash, as they want a return. The "guarantee" of that return seems to be lessening with the teams poor/inconsistent form along side the rise of newcastle, Arsenal and the continued high standards from City.
To keep up they will need to continue to pump cash in and hope for success on the pitch, something they will not be eager to do with those interest rates rising.
Then they see Boelhy coming in and paying billions for Chelsea and they immediately think that they can make a killing and get out with a tidy profit.

English, not Scouse.

England v Uruguay.(friendly)

Anfield.

Attendance - 40,000+.

3CEA8BCE-60AC-4348-B96C-6E7F1103BED4.jpeg

Not sure if my picture shows it, but those tv’s aren’t ‘behind the bar’, they are 50’ behind the bar on the other side of the room.

Here’s a different view …
aac42563e780629486a64a3c5a3bc233.jpg
But is this really watching sports or just keeping an eye on a set of numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.