Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're Scouse, not English, why do they get mad about Alexander-Arnold not being played or picked for England? He's not English (although Rooney is), so why do they care?

I’ve noticed this too, though there are also a lot of Asians who are rags.

As to the reason; glory hunting; more media exposure of the two cheeks?
As a Brit of Asian origin, my guess - a lot of Asians came to the country in the 1970s when the Scousers actually were the top team. Not unusual to adopt the champions and it then gets passed on to the next generation.

From RAWK:
Literally every one of their World Cup players, bar Cancelo and Alvarez were thrown back in for it. Rushed back for the fucking League Cup. Small time desperate pricks, led by a wanker doing mind games. I saw that Ake was limping by the end - would be fucking lovely if their desperation to knock us out of the lowest priority trophy came back to bite them.

A number of posts condemning the singing of the 'Always the victims' song. Are they of the mistaken belief that the song is about their tragedy, or have they spun it that way deliberately?
All spin and deflection. I guess I must have somehow missed the likes of Lewis and Palmer suiting up for England or Ortega for Germany

It might be the autism talking and me taking everything literally but it's something I've never understood.
- Liverpool are not English, because they are Scouse. Liverpool fans do not support England because something something establishment.
- Trent Alexander-Arnold is a Scouser, therefore he is not English and therefore should not be playing for England.
- Neither is Steven Gerrard. (Although Wayne Rooney and Leighton Baines are Scouse, but they're of the blue persuasion so they're English. I guess.)
- Yet when TAA gets left out of the England squad, despite not being English by kopite logic, and kopites hating England, they complain. It makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.

I've met a few nice Liverpool fans but I agree that something about that team turns people into monsters. Like, there's one man I know - he's a minor celebrity - who was generally nice but was an utter **** about football. I found out he'd been trolling City/United/Everton fans under a fake name that he used for his side project. He always rubbed Everton's losses in my face but got super defensive whenever anyone made fun of Liverpool. Gave it out but couldn't take it. (He also thought, as an aside, that women talking about football was 'weird', though oddly that didn't apply to female Liverpool fans, I guess they were 'one of the lads'.) He was a Suarez apologist as well. He and his band are supposedly anti-racist but oddly, that doesn't seem to apply to Suarez because Evra is 'a **** with a history of shithousery'. I got super paranoid about football around him because if I said anything negative or critical of Liverpool he'd be on it like a flash. We ended up falling out over it.

ETA: if the League Cup is low priority, why did Klopp take it seriously last season?

Re Asian fans, I had a couple of Asian colleagues in one job who were rags but tbf, they were Mancs and one of them was a season ticket holder at OT while the other one went to away matches (he worked in our London office). I remember him dashing off to a Shakhtar Donetsk game one night. I've never met an Asian Everton fan, although I've met a couple of Jewish ones.

15 points off the top of the league, out of one cup and Real Madrid coming up in the champions league. Could end up being a baron season for the mentality monsters.
If only their fans were focused on something else it would take any pressure off klopp and fsg.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.