Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nunez will be fine.

I actually agree with this.. I think you can see he’s a very good player but unfortunately for him (and fortunately for us) he has naturally been brought into this competing with Haaland argument which has affected his confidence in front of goal. I believe he does some things better than Haaland but obviously putting the ball in the net is not one of them and therefore he is feeling the pressure.

Long may it continue…

compared with other massively overpriced cart horses maybe but never world class

I think I said earlier on this thread, or maybe a game thread after seeing him earlier in the season that he won’t score over 5 league goals before new year. He’s on 5.

He has some decent attributes, like his pace but 8 times out of 10, it seems like he never hits a ball cleanly. That was evident from his first few games. He’s technically very poor at striking the ball most of the time.

His other attributes will mean he will still score, and he might even go through periods where he gets a few in a short space of time, but I just don’t see him having the finishing quality to be consistent all season. Hence why I believed he wouldn’t have over 5 league goals heading into 2023.

If they are not expecting him to score 30 a season, I think he would be a pretty decent wide player, he’s seemed to set up some decent chances from out wide.

In terms of goalscoring, he’s not even close to someone like Kane, Never mind Haaland.

I think I said earlier on this thread, or maybe a game thread after seeing him earlier in the season that he won’t score over 5 league goals before new year. He’s on 5.

He has some decent attributes, like his pace but 8 times out of 10, it seems like he never hits a ball cleanly. That was evident from his first few games. He’s technically very poor at striking the ball most of the time.

His other attributes will mean he will still score, and he might even go through periods where he gets a few in a short space of time, but I just don’t see him having the finishing quality to be consistent all season. Hence why I believed he wouldn’t have over 5 league goals heading into 2023.

If they are not expecting him to score 30 a season, I think he would be a pretty decent wide player, he’s seemed to set up some decent chances from out wide.

In terms of goalscoring, he’s not even close to someone like Kane, Never mind Haaland.

He’s a natural replacement for Divock Origi.

The thing I noticed early on when compared to Haaland was how he was always taking on far more difficult, low percentage shots. And basically that comes down to his movement not being in the same league as Haaland. So when you look at the stats, you see that he's had plenty of shots on target and can fool yourself into thinking he's been unlucky, but then half of them are from shit angles or through a crowd of players. It means that he'll score the odd really good goal, but won't consistently get the tap ins. He also seems to lack a bit in one-on-one situations. Maybe it's psychological and his confidence will improve, but currently, he reminds me of Sterling when through on goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.