Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird how the Gerrard family once gave a character reference for Paul Kinsella - never ended too well for him. Then there was the links with George Bromley junior and Richardson etc..Taylor was reputed to have had an affair with Alex and the rumours unfounded or not have remained
I am sure Taylor’s memorable soubriquet will have played a part in that durability.

May 6th 2022...a UK newspaper reports

"Paris is big enough to go without a ticket and have a good time': Jurgen Klopp tells Liverpool fans to flock to France for the Champions League final regardless of having a ticket - even though the club's official guidance tells them NOT to go! "

"It's the only bad thing about the journey. It's massive, what they ask for,' Klopp said about the lack of tickets and the prices. 'I really hope they all can make it somehow and create - of course they will - an incredible atmosphere. It's nice.

'So if you don't get a ticket - I don't want to invite people to Paris but this time it is big enough. I did last time for Basel (the 2016 Europa League final) and the whole of Switzerland was like this (face palms) but I think Paris is big enough to go there without a ticket and have a good time. Behave yourself but be in the best possible mood.

But yesterday:

From the first moment, I thought it wasn't a good idea to be in Paris': Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says heads must roll at UEFA for the chaos caused by selecting the French capital to host last year's Champions League final​

I'll leave that there.

Make up your own minds up, but to me, another example the media are controlled by certain clubs, and their narrative is never ever challenged.
His hypocrisy is absolutely off the charts

This is a massive game for Newcastle today

Say it quietly but they haven't been in the best form recently and struggle to score goals, 5 Draws and 1 win in their last 6 Prem games

They win here today, that surely ends the slim chance Liverpool get top 4 as they'd be 14 points behind with 45 points left to play for

The dippers win there today I can still see them getting top 4 as Brighton, Fulham and Brentford will fall away

Then you have who's more consistent (or inconsistent) of Spurs, Newcastle or The Dippers

Ideal will be for Liverpool to come 6th, getting Europa then West Ham win the conference league so the Dippers are pushed into the Europa Conference next year and have loads of games to play

I am pretty sure I know the answer but can someone answer this for me:

Yes, it was bad at the CL final and it was lucky there were no injuries (or worse), but when fans got to the turnstyle and were told they had 'forged' tickets, will it have been a complete shock to them? If so I have sympathy.

However, if someone bought a ticket in the pub off a scouse version of 'Giro-Jim' and pretty much knew they were more than likely counterfeit, then I have no sympathy, in fact I would be angry that they knowingly tried to take a legitimate fans seat and risk a possible crush. Especially as if any set of fans know about the dangers of that, its them.
Could be wrong but I believe the problem was that the people with the fakes arrived early and each bar code works once.
So some fans with real tickets were refused entry as their barcode had been copied and used.
Not 100% sure that’s how it works and happy to be corrected if someone knows better.

Could be wrong but I believe the problem was that the people with the fakes arrived early and each bar code works once.
So some fans with real tickets were refused entry as their barcode had been copied and used.
Not 100% sure that’s how it works and happy to be corrected if someone knows better.

Correct the ones in the ground early new they had fake ones new they code can only be scanned once! Liverpool fans shitting on Liverpool fans

I am pretty sure I know the answer but can someone answer this for me:

Yes, it was bad at the CL final and it was lucky there were no injuries (or worse), but when fans got to the turnstyle and were told they had 'forged' tickets, will it have been a complete shock to them? If so I have sympathy.

However, if someone bought a ticket in the pub off a scouse version of 'Giro-Jim' and pretty much knew they were more than likely counterfeit, then I have no sympathy, in fact I would be angry that they knowingly tried to take a legitimate fans seat and risk a possible crush. Especially as if any set of fans know about the dangers of that, its them.
No! You are not allowed to criticise Liverpool supporters! How dare you for even thinking that you could!

Amazing isn’t it. That’s apparently UEFA’s fault.
It’s UEFA’s fault that Klopp encouraged ticketless fans to go no matter what.(or their past history)
It’s UEFA’s fault that Liverpool FC asked for paper tickets. (Why? In this day and age)
IT’s UEFA’s fault that the printing presses sprang into action and blaggers started offering dodgy paper tickets. (The black economy alive and well)
It’s UEFA’s fault that ‘fans’ bought these fake tickets, or jibbed in, or impersonated uefa officials.
Then you get to your points (the Liverpool end was also overcrowded to the max, so the number of ‘tickets’ used was not the only issue).
It’s UEFA’s fault that no-one from Liverpool fc, Liverpool fans, or the media , called out this in anyway, before (it was on here), during (it was on here), or shortly after (it was on here).

The only thing that was UEFA’s fault, is that they bent over and said ‘there ya go, do me Liverpool, and yes Dulux can we order another million cans of whitewash, we’re running out here’.

Wouldn’t that mean that each ticket would have to be copied though?
Surely if only one bar code is across all the fakes , then they’d all be useless ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.