Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Madrid really love doing this, it seems. Lure opponents into false sense of security, then destroy them.

Real Madrid really love doing this, it seems. Lure opponents into false sense of security, then destroy them.
I thought the same.....
Obviously I am gutted about the end result, but post whistle I thought the same thing. All Liverpool fans will be thinking what the fuck went wrong, when it started so well. Clearly all memebrs here loved it, but then I thought overall, that even the neutrals must have thought that it was a brilliant game of football.
Darwins goal was excellent but then eclipsed by Vinicius' first...then 2 schoolboy errors. Quality first half with Madrid showing their class and game management.
Second half I thought it just showed an Ancellotti/RM masterclass. Modric firing in that cross for Militao...and at that moment a mate messaged me saying he thought it was only going one way. i replied I was worried as up to that point Benzema had done nothing really and he was too good to be so quiet...couple of minutes later...BINGO (pun intended)
I did think darwin should have had a pen or at least a VAR check for the push in the back, but then there could have been one the other way, albeit outside the box from TAA at other end.
Overall, poor result (from my POV) but you cannot fault the quality of the game.
...So much for a Tuesday night under the lights!!!!

View attachment 69991

Sorry mate, but you got battered 5-2
Only they would try and suggest they were anything other than twatted. My only disappointment in that game was that Madrid very visibly settled on 5 and from the 70th minute onwards it was just game management and making sure they didn't get anything back to make the return leg anything but a formality. Shame as I think they could have got 6/7 easily and utterly shamed them had they stayed in attack mode for a further 15 minutes.

Henry’s approach to his baseball team also coming under fire in US. A lot of similarities here…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.