Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently on Sky Sports Football front page right now.

Several of us predicted this exact eventuality (that Stones would overtake Van Dijk as the better defender) a few years ago and were shouted down.

I am one that thinks Van Dijk was already on the decline before the Pickford injury and, if not for his own injuries, Stones would have overtaken him even earlier.

I always had confidence Pep could turn Stones in to one of the best defenders in the world.

F4-BEB69-F-2765-4666-B71-B-5420-F52-C139-A.jpg

Another classic piece of literary genius from The Liverpool Thought Bank.....

View attachment 74962
You can almost hear it's tears hitting the desk as it was typing that, in total denial of reality, bit like that puce bald headed rag fan at the swamp during the 6-1 demolition derby. Camera pans in on him after Aguero makes it 3 and he's just stood there, shell shocked, muttering to himself putting on his jacket.

The rag at the swamp and dipper at it's keyboard, both trying desperately to block out the pain and embarrassment that is unfolding before their very eyes, realising that it's the beginning of the end

It's glorious to behold

Got to laugh at the tossers over at rawk, just because they're having a shit season some of them are saying I've given up with football, if City aren't punished I'm giving up etc etc. They are without a doubt the most self entitled wankers you will ever find, even in front of the rags. I do honestly see them as public enemy number 1 now, with the rags a very close 2nd
Exactly why they started going on about that "Against modern football" bollocks a few years ago. Weird how they forgot that for a bit when they were starting to look decent. Expect a revival.

Exactly why they started going on about that "Against modern football" bollocks a few years ago. Weird how they forgot that for a bit when they were starting to look decent. Expect a revival.
They are modern fucking football. Without all their pot hunting fans, Tv cash and foreign owners they’d just be another bare bum in the shower.

try not to laugh....from rawk

City supporters are by far the worst set of fans in the country, absolutely vile. Actively chanting the name of a homophobic human rights abuser who aids Russian oligarchs and is best buds with war criminal al assad. They're far worse than their neighbours, however annoying United fans have been in the past, City fans have become tools for an autocracy, brainwashed and backward in their thinking. Constantly justifying their disgusting beliefs through warped whataboutery and accusations of xenophobia, trivialising racism and normalising human rights abusing autocracies as they go

Very dangerous and likely unstable level of anger that needs nipped in the bud before someone loses their life.

Currently on Sky Sports Football front page right now.

Several of us predicted this exact eventuality (that Stones would overtake Van Dijk as the better defender) a few years ago and were shouted down.

I am one that thinks Van Dijk was already on the decline before the Pickford injury and, if not for his own injuries, Stones would have overtaken him even earlier.

I always had confidence Pep could turn Stones in to one of the best defenders in the world.

F4-BEB69-F-2765-4666-B71-B-5420-F52-C139-A.jpg
I think there was a brief period when John seemed to have a few issues going on in his personal life which spilled over onto the pitch. I'm not sure what the management team said to him, but whatever it was it seems to have done the trick.

Years ago on RAWK they would take every little bit of positive gossip about their club as the truth. No matter how ridiculous or far-fetched, if the journalists wrote a piece praising them they believed it. If they lost a game 0-5 and they played absolutely terrible (again) and the media said it was a close fought game, either side could have won it, the dippers were by far the better side etc, that would be their mantra.
Such is the sheer depth of their delusion, so ingrained is their misguided belief that they can (and do) manipulate facts into opinions. Example: They consistently tell one another that Vain Dick is the greatest living defender in the entire history of the game. Not one single centre back has ever been able to match the sheer magnificence of his each and every performance. Learned scholars all over the world have studied in the great universities every single defender who has ever lived on planet earth, and they all agree, Vain Dick is the greatest...Ever!

The needy, immature sad little scousers who follow that disease of a club would hang on every word the pro-dipper media would print. They would collectively ignore any piece of negativity any journalist would dare to write.

But as I say, that was years ago. Nowadays, they bypass the middle man altogether. They don't need any hack of a journalist to write complete and utter bullshit because they do it all so admirably themselves.
They dream up bizarre scenarios where we are the root cause of everything that is wrong with the game, and tell one another that they, and they alone, will be the conquering heroes, back to thwart the hateful and evil megabucks oil clubs and bring some much needed dignity back into the game. Return it to its roots, jumpers for goalposts, etc.

Disturbing, truly disturbing.

They absolutely do.
When City beat Villa to win the title ibwas with the Tampa Bay Blues in a bar with fans from all clubs including a large number of Liverpool fans.
At the whistle we all went mad, jumping around and the usual American high fives etc and the next thing you'll never walk alone comes on via a DJ waiting for the games to finish to blast music.
There they were, all stood up, arms aloft holding a scarf. Not one came over and congratulated us, instead everyone in the pub was now watching them. They made it into a celebration about them.
I went over to the Daj and said WTF?
Poor bloke hadn't got a clue who won it or what song was for who.
I put him right and next up was Blue Moon and wonderwall
Well played mate. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.