Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shocked there is such hostility to Klopp and his merry men the day after they avenged their defeat in Nottingham with a swashbuckling display which featured a goal from Mighty Mo. And an assist from Tront!

I still don't think the gurning cheerleader will be there next season. The way his team have fucked up this season, and the speed with which they've done it, says to me there is something going on that we don't know about.
To fall so heavily behind the leaders within such a relatively short space of time is indicative of inner turmoil, regardless of what enamel man says in public.
From battling for the Prem to mid-table mediocrity doesn't usually happen overnight. The decline is usually spread out over a much larger time frame, a season or two, maybe. But Mr Colgate has achieved it in record time, and is trying to convince everybody that it's all because of Mane leaving.

Utter codswallop. This season his team has looked tired and disjointed, going through the motions, playing like they've only just woken up from hibernation. Compare this to the past couple of seasons when they've been like Mr Burns' hounds when he releases them: all guns blazing, a thousand miles an hour, chasing everything that moves. It wasn't as if they played like they were motivated, they played like their bodies were forcing them to run fast, as if they had no option. And it was like this game after game after game. Pretty much the same eleven, no rotation, same players. And every game had the same pattern - a bunch of red-shirted Speedy Gonzales play-a-likes hurtling about with reckless abandon. And the gurning çunt on the sidelines, the bastard love child of Yootha Joyce and Esther Rantzen, fizzing and popping like a kaleidoscopic Catherine Wheel.
You watch them nowadays and they perform like they've each been individually stuffed full of mega-strength sedatives.
His time at Liverpool has been up and down a lot of the time.

After winning the league with 99 points in 2020, they only just scraped into the Top4 on the final day of the season on just 69 points in 2021.

They might end up with a similar drop in points this-season-from-last-season compared to 2021-from-2020.

Last edited by a moderator:
His time at Liverpool has been up and down a lot of the time.

After winning the league with 99 points in 2020, they only just scraped into the Top4 on the final day of the season on just 69 points in 2021.

They might even end up with a smaller drop in points this-season-from-last-season compared to 2021-from-2020.

It's like theres a pattern ;)

I still don't think the gurning cheerleader will be there next season. The way his team have fucked up this season, and the speed with which they've done it, says to me there is something going on that we don't know about.
To fall so heavily behind the leaders within such a relatively short space of time is indicative of inner turmoil, regardless of what enamel man says in public.
From battling for the Prem to mid-table mediocrity doesn't usually happen overnight.
Rags (3 times), Chelsea (twice), dippers (twice) and Leicester (oh OK, they're an anomaly) in the last decade would suggest it's more common than people would think, outside of City only the dippers between 2018 and 2020 *spits* have sustained any level the season after a title challenge.

Although 2 of the rags ones we barely noticed they were challenging.

2017 - 4th, 76 points
2018 - 4th, 75points
2019 - 2nd, 97 points
2020 - 1st, 99 points
2021 - 3rd, 69 points
2022 - 2nd, 92 points
2023 - currently 7th on 50 points which has a trajectory of 62 points by Game38.

And in 2024, I’d be surprised if they don’t challenge for the title again.

Have you got that right ? I am sure I saw a headline that said how liverpool have dominated the last 8 or so years

Have you got that right ? I am sure I saw a headline that said how liverpool have dominated the last 8 or so years
Haha, yeah, a bit like how their fans think they’ve always dominated English football. When in reality their all-time average finishing position is 13th and no team has always dominated English football because we’ve had such a varied history of winners.

That’s why our top winners have a mere 19 and 20 league titles each, whereas in other leagues you’re talking of the top dogs having 30-35 and even as high as 50 league titles, plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.