Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
But how many of those fanbases would attack as a rabid pack, harass people en masse, doxx them and flood their employers or customers with complaints and demands they were sacked?

No other, and you know it.
There is one other. And Liverpool FC and their supporters have learned everything from them. Glasgow Celtic FC and their mafia style fanbase. They've been doing it for decades up here. The original ' victims '. ' Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing '. Nothing ever their fault. Two cheeks of the same arse.

Absolutely they are. Here's a definition from https://www.wikihow.com/Recognise-a-Cult

• A charismatic founder, leader or leadership. Klopp
  • Have a structured central bureaucracy. RAWK
  • Simplified goal or aim structure, such as to save something or introduce something to everyone. Being Liverpool fans and showing you're more committed than anyone else, and particularly to show how little you care about us
  • A society history, most new initiates are invariably required to learn and respect the founding figures. Their unique 'Istree which no other club has. Shankly, '6 times' 'The Kop'
  • There is a degree of intellectual limitation, so outside ideas or interaction with non members are not encouraged Definitely no outside ideas allowed
  • There is also a system of repercussions, such as shunning, "time out" or isolating or demotion. RAWK bans and threads locked
  • There is a system of development, so a person may be groomed or encouraged to go towards certain roles, or assist in various ways. There's all the levels on RAWK - Legacy Fan, Kopite, Main Stander - dependng on the number of posts
  • There is a tithe, membership dues or other system of getting money from members, rather than earning it externally. 'RAWK Supporter' denotes those who have contributed money
As someone that does pop on there (probably more frequently than is healthy) I recognise all these factors, but these really stood out to me:
  • There is a degree of intellectual limitation, so outside ideas or interaction with non members are not encouraged Definitely no outside ideas allowed
  • There is also a system of repercussions, such as shunning, "time out" or isolating or demotion. RAWK bans and threads locked
  • There is a system of development, so a person may be groomed or encouraged to go towards certain roles, or assist in various ways. There's all the levels on RAWK - Legacy Fan, Kopite, Main Stander - depending on the number of posts
There is zero tolerance of any alternative views being posted and if someone does stray - even slightly - then it is like the 'special agents' are summoned and they are resoundingly hounded until they are off the thread or banned - or they offer a full retraction (in which case they are on a form of probation until they have been proven to be sufficiently subservient)

It is really sickening behaviour and not something I have seen any other fans forums - at least not on mainstream football threads

You're completely missing the point. Of course every fanbase has its idiots, ours included.

But how many of those fanbases would attack as a rabid pack, harass people en masse, doxx them and flood their employers or customers with complaints and demands they were sacked?

No other, and you know it. There are many really decent Liverpool fans but there's a large element of that fanbase who are absolutely verminous.
Absolutely!!

Their extreme attitudes and behaviours are beyond the fringe dickheads seen at other clubs

Last edited:
As someone that does pop on there (probably more frequently than is healthy) I recognise all these factors, but these really stood out to me:
  • There is a system of development, so a person may be groomed or encouraged to go towards certain roles, or assist in various ways. There's all the levels on RAWK - Legacy Fan, Kopite, Main Stander - depending on the number of posts
There is zero tolerance of any alternative views being posted and if someone does stray - even slightly - then it is like the 'special agents' are summoned and they are resoundingly hounded until they are off the thread or banned - or they offer a full retraction (in which case they are on a form of probation until they have been proven to be sufficiently subservient)

It is really sickening behaviour and not something I have seen any other fans forums - at least not on mainstream football threads
It’s quite an interesting point you raise. If regular match goers on here were subject to that treatment they would be entitled to point that distinction out, and surely would. That doesn’t mean that I think those of us that do are better than other posters but I also think it’s a worthwhile point to make if there is a pile-on from those that don’t. I think it’s perfectly valid when someone is trying to belittle your opinion to remind them of your stripes.

That simply doesn’t happen on there. You don’t get match going fans standing their ground against those who only support that club remotely. This is unusual to say the least.

That strongly suggests that there are very few match going fans on there, which completely adds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.