Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's odd that Brighton would settle for £35million for McAllister when they held out and got £60million or so for Cucurella.
McAllister is probably the better player of the two as well.

There was a sell on clause.

Has anyone asked the Dippers if he has a sell on clause included again.

BBC in full dipper mode today

Alexis Mac Allister: The making of Liverpool midfielder 'destined for the top'​

Erm from 6th to 5th actually

Is Mac Allister a Steal ?
In other words did the Dippers Rob ?

Hes a good player.
Hes a world cup winner.
Hes a good price

Question is .. would he improve us? Probably not really.
True
He would be a good kovacic type player but not really push us on

Romero, otamendi, messi, do Maria
Loads of World Cup winners - would want any of them either

Utter fuckin weirdo’s
here is a gem from the twat in chief from rawk, son of spion,just marvel at this

I'd actually disagree with the bit in bold. My first game at Anfield was against them in 1971. I was in an unsegregated Road End mixed in with their fans. I never saw any problems, never felt threatened in any way and I never saw any trouble.

By mid to late 70s that was totally turned on its head, and it was so because of our success. They became incredibly resentful and bitter. That soon turned into Jealous, pathological hatred. It was well established before Ferguson turned up, made use of it and stoked it up further.

I recall going to Manchester to see us smash the club formerly known as City. The amount of anti-LFC and anti-Scouse graffiti sprayed on walls as we drove through the area was astounding. All with MUFC tags too. They were, and still are, absolutely obsessed with us, and it's all based on rampant jealousy and self-entitlement.

Why self-entitlement? Well I heard it said numerous times that "Liverpool had the success we should have had". For some bizarre reason, they felt that we had what they believed should have been theirs. They never earned it. They never deserved it, but they still thought it should have been theirs and not ours. That shows the levels of arrogant, delusional entitlement they've always suffered from.

Their city has always been envious of the world port City of Liverpool. They've always had a chip on their shoulder. But it was our success under Bill Shankly then Sir Bob that fried their brains and turned them into hate-filled mouth-foamers. Ferguson just stoked it and used it to his advantage but the disadvantage of the game generally. Their hatred was born within their intense jealousy and the bitterness within them that resulted. Despite their success in the Ferguson era, they've never recovered their collective sanity. Their obsession with our club and our city is too deeply entrenched now.

Abu Dhabi have just picked up their baton of jealousy and bitterness. They know their success* if fake and fraudulent. They know they just don't carry the prestige Liverpool do. They know we've got things they'll never have, regardless of their blood-soaked dollars and purchased trophies*.

My own view FWIW is that it's a decent price for a very good player.

What puzzles me is that I don't see how he fits into Liverpool's style of play (hoof it over the top for some fast strikers to run on to). MacAllister is a class midfielder but he is moving to a club where he will basically be the only decent midfielder in the team. Unless four or five more good quality midfielders are coming as well I'm not sure he's going to sort out their troubles all by himself.
he's there to fight for second ball

I have to disagree. Nunez gets quoted as £85m all the time, while Haaland is almost always quoted as £51m - so often that there must be a whole ocean of boiled piss spilling over from newspaper comments sections, as Liverpool fans 'but...but...but...' about agent fees, and Alfie's millions.

This deal is odd though - £20m add-ons for a £35m deal is ridiculous proportion, but given lots of the press have been quoting the £55m figure, I suspect they're pretty simple ones.

Nunez's deal apparently involved ones he was expected to achieve - with something like £13m triggered by the time he hits 60 appearances, and he's on 42 already.
Good job for Benfica Nunez's add-ons are for appearances rather than for him turning up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.