Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, what's the theme for tomorrow then? Zebras again, majestic gazelles, the musky warthog? Maybe a full lion king street performance? I don't think they'll protest anyway, at least not beyond a few banners and nursery rhymes before, during and after the game where they'll call the glazers for not spending whilst simultaneously talking up Casemiro and pretending Maguire, Ronaldo and Sancho didn't happen.

But if the match did get called off, surely there'd have to be punishment for United as it would be wholly irresponsible to let a clubs fans constantly dictate a fixture schedule. I'd prefer they have to play the match behind closed doors in that case, otherwise it would give Liverpool an edge with more rest time, but I think there would have to be a very strong case for a fine and points deduction.

If they'd only acted last time with a suspended points deduction, then there'd be no threat of a protest now, the police wouldn't need additional plans and cost savings and safety would be promoted. Instead they have this weak threat which just undermines the league's authority.

Although I would love seeing them on minus ten points, I think that same United pressure internally within the corridors of the fa and premier league means it's not a possibility. It ensures they'd have a bottom half finish and lose revenues.

But for Liverpool, make them play it. Can't legitimately win the league having played 37 games. No wonder Klopp loves the idea.

Imagine if the dippers were gifted the points and then beat us to the title by a point. There would be a good case for legally challenging the result of the league as the dippers would have won without earning the points.
I am sure that the dippers would not be embarrased and would claim that they deserved it but every sensible football fan would view it as dubious.
A ban on showing any United games on tv until the New Year would seem to be the best punishment. The dipper game should also be re-scheduled and played behind closed doors.

He's right. I would trust Pep to say the same thing. If, in fact, they do postpone or cancel the match, I would think even Sky would look for some kind of re-compensation and IMHO deserving of it.
Sky will do nothing and just pander to the scum like they did last time. If it were us that did it on the other hand I’m sure they’d all be furious I’m the studio demanding punishment

This is true mate. We forget the majority of people in Liverpool are not fans of that club, a lot are Everton and even more have no interest in football.
@Bill Walker @chesterbells
The point is Liverpool fc fans continually say they are not part of the U.K. or England. They bore everyone they come from the republic of scouse.
Well the Republic is skint thanks to corruption. They are in special measures because of that corruption and posters on here are merely pointing that out.

I agree but utd should be docked points

True, about a 40 point fine should suffice.

Plus 1 point per “supporter” wearing a half and half scarf or anyone that went in the Megastore. Bonus round deductions for any fooker who looks like a lost Norwich fan.

That's the first time I agree with him

Not wishing to be antagonistic but why should they be awarded the points?

FFS we didn’t get awarded the points when there was clear evidence of the team bus being bricked before a CL fixture.

The scouts twats were stood on top of a Police vehicle yet no charges were made.

Explain that please.

It’s interesting looking at the quotes of Bill Shankly, it’s pretty clear when the fan base turned into a quasi religious cult. The relationship between him and the fans was very intense. They are a weird bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.