Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I don’t want dippers handed points on a plate, if United can’t host the game for whatever reason then they are technically forfeiting the game and at any level it’s recorded at a 3-0 loss for the home team.
That would make a mockery of the title/top four race and other clubs would make a legal challenge whatever the rules say. The best solution would be to deduct points from United and replay the match behind closed doors.

That would make a mockery of the title/top four race and other clubs would make a legal challenge whatever the rules say. The best solution would be to deduct points from United and replay the match behind closed doors.

But that is the rules of football, unless the pitch isn’t in a playable condition which I’m sure old scaffolds pitch is in perfection condition it is a forfeit. PL or Warrington under 11’s if you can’t fulfil the fixture it a 3-0 loss.

Klipperty is right to highlight this although, if it is called off again, the game should be replayed, the rags heavily fined, docked 3 points and have a 10 point deduction suspended indefinitely.
We should have refused to.play the champions league game when they bricked our team coach, wonder what gnashers take on that would have been, would he be saying City should be awarded the win

No because that is a decision by the club! Should of said if a fan base somehow stops a game being played there should be no points deduction! Fans supporters stopping games can be manipulated by rival fans if they’re that desperate to get a game cancelled and we know how the scousers can get there cult to do stuff like this!!
That makes far more sense now mate :)

Pretty certain as the rules stand, you’d get 3 points docked if fans caused the game to be cancelled & have to replay the game, which I think is fair

I think it’s really far fetched to believe fans of another club would ‘pretend’ to be fans of someone else to get a game called off

I don’t think anyone would waste that amount of time or effort to organise such a thing

Are there people really that sad in the world? I’d like to think not & hope I’m right on this one!!

As much as I don’t want dippers handed points on a plate, if United can’t host the game for whatever reason then they are technically forfeiting the game and at any level it’s recorded at a 3-0 loss for the home team.
If fans stop the game from occurring, nobody has forfeited anything bud

I cba checking the rules, but I’d guess there’s 2 separate punishments for failure to complete a game & a forfeit as they’re 2 completely different things

That makes far more sense now mate :)

Pretty certain as the rules stand, you’d get 3 points docked if fans caused the game to be cancelled & have to replay the game, which I think is fair

I think it’s really far fetched to believe fans of another club would ‘pretend’ to be fans of someone else to get a game called off

I don’t think anyone would waste that amount of time or effort to organise such a thing

Are there people really that sad in the world? I’d like to think not & hope I’m right on this one!!

Pitch invasions if the punishment is on say the 3rd time doing it is points deductions there is nothing stopping opposing fans in the city end running on the pitch! So it can be manipulative if they bring the punishments in for other things! Yeah your right regarding opposing fans stopping or getting a game postponed..

It’s interesting looking at the quotes of Bill Shankly, it’s pretty clear when the fan base turned into a quasi religious cult. The relationship between him and the fans was very intense. They are a weird bunch.
Seem to remember one of Bill Shanks quotes being cult like.
He said that some people think football is a matter of life or death whereas actually it is much more serious than that.

Not wishing to be antagonistic but why should they be awarded the points?

FFS we didn’t get awarded the points when there was clear evidence of the team bus being bricked before a CL fixture.

The scouts twats were stood on top of a Police vehicle yet no charges were made.

Explain that please.
I knew Robert Baden-Powell was a dipper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.