Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember watching the match against Juventus in Heysel where the match was played despite the unbelievable and appalling mayhem going on.
The game should start as scheduled imo, but if the protest causes the match to be abandoned during the game, THEN, they should get the points.
Rag 'supporters' need to get a grip, as do the security people at the swamp.

There’s a quote you won’t hear repeated from the Dipper mouth pieces.

Does anyone know what the actual punishments under the PL rules are?
All it says is:

L.2.
Each Club shall use its best endeavours to ensure that each League Match takes place on the date and at the time fixed for it.
Guıdance
Clubs are reminded of their obligation pursuant to Rule L.2 to use their best endeavours to ensure that all League Matches take place on the date and at the kick-off time fixed for them. Pursuant to this, Clubs are expected to do all they can to address any concerns raised by a statutory authority.
Rules: Section L
Failure to Play a League Match
L.15.
Except in the case of a League Match which, without either of the participating Clubs being at fault, is postponed or abandoned under the provisions of Rule L.12, any Club which causes the postponement or abandonment of a League Match on the date fixed under Rule L.1 or to which it is rearranged under Rules L.1.2, L.6 or L.7 will be in breach of these Rules.

And that’s pretty much the top and bottom of all it says about not fulfilling fixtures.

L.7.
A Club may apply to the Board for permission to rearrange any fixture so that it is played on a different date or at a different kick-off time.

L.12.
A League Match shall not be postponed or abandoned except:
L.12.1. when on the date fixed for it to be played either the Home Club or the Visiting Club is competing in a competition permitted by Rules L.9.1, L.9.2, and L.9.3;
L.12.2. with the approval of or on the instructions of the officiating referee;
L.12.3. by order of the police;
L.12.4. by order of any other authority exercising its statutory powers to that effect; or
L.12.5. on the instructions of or with the prior written consent of the Board.
L.13.
Where it is proposed to postpone a League Match pursuant to Rule L.12.4 on the grounds of safety, the appropriate Official of the Home Club shall:
L.13.1. complete and make available on request to the League all relevant risk assessment documentation; and
L.13.2. time permitting, consult with the officiating referee, the police and the chairman of the Club’s safety advisory group and ensure that the match delegate appointed to attend the League Match pursuant to Rule L.17 is fully briefed as to the reasons for the postponement.

All seems very laidback and blasé. “Can’t fulfil your fixture? Oh well, never mind. Just apply to have it on another day. Don’t worry there’s no punishment!”.

I used to think this should apply to every Premier League game, but The Etihad is infested with the fuckers as much as any other PL ground.
I once bought a half and half scarf!
It was at the game at Lech Poznan.
The reason I bought it was because, it was for me, a special occasion, an away match in Europe.
So I wanted a memento and bought a miniature scarf which I gave to my lad on returning to England.
I think for most half and half wearers it is probably a similar thing. People, supporters of the game, rather than any particular club, who went to a special event and don't favour either side in particular.
They don't mean any harm I would suppose. These people have no idea about our relationship with the rags for example, or say arse/spuds or blue/red dipper rivalries. They just want a memory of going to a 'big game'.
Just smile rather than mock.

I used to think this should apply to every Premier League game, but The Etihad is infested with the fuckers as much as any other PL ground.
Chelsea had the right idea…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.