Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike some, I'm not writing off their season just yet. It's way too early for that.

What I will say is that I've just watched the highlights of last night's game and I was gobsmacked at not just how poor they looked but the lack of intensity from some of their players, and moreso the lack of effort. Every team in the world can have an off day that results in a heavy defeat but if you don't put the effort in in the first place then that's unforgiveable. Gomez was dog shit but when he was getting dispossessed there was no real intent from the likes of van Dick or Terence Trent D'arby to retrieve the situation. They were just stood around like statues for some of the goals and while Napoli played well, they were effectively just passing it round the Liverpool players at times. In the lead up to the 4th goal, van Dick made a pathetic half-arsed attempt to get back. It was a jog rather than a sprint.

While I buy into the theory that Klopp does indeed run his players into the ground which can result in them having a good season followed by a mediocre season, there's no way that those players were so knackered that they couldn't put more of an effort in.

Unlike some, I'm not writing off their season just yet. It's way too early for that.

What I will say is that I've just watched the highlights of last night's game and I was gobsmacked at not just how poor they looked but the lack of intensity from some of their players, and moreso the lack of effort. Every team in the world can have an off day that results in a heavy defeat but if you don't put the effort in in the first place then that's unforgiveable. Gomez was dog shit but when he was getting dispossessed there was no real intent from the likes of van Dick or Terence Trent D'arby to retrieve the situation. They were just stood around like statues for some of the goals and while Napoli played well, they were effectively just passing it round the Liverpool players at times. In the lead up to the 4th goal, van Dick made a pathetic half-arsed attempt to get back. It was a jog rather than a sprint.

While I buy into the theory that Klopp does indeed run his players into the ground which can result in them having a good season followed by a mediocre season, there's no way that those players were so knackered that they couldn't put more of an effort in.

Given their injuries and the fact they struggled vs Newcastle and Everton and had to run a lot in these games, it's not a big surprise they were a bit flat vs Napoli. IIRC, they lost at Napoli 2:0 when they won the CL in 2019. Wouldn't be a big surprise if they had problems vs Wolves and then Ajax. Too many games for a team that is not in a top physical condition and allows end to end football.

We were also a bit average vs Villa, we just wanted to control the game and avoid making it end to end in order to save energy. Liverpool couldn't do that vs Newcastle and Everton and paid the price at Napoli.

Well to think a few short weeks ago they were celebrating the Community Shield victory with pratically an open top bus parade. Haaland was labelled crap and Nunez the new messiah.
Fuck these horrible scouse twats, I hope Klopp eats himself to death with his big teeth, he ends up getting the sack and Big Sam takes over.
Fuckers
They've gone from open top bus to open top coffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.