Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else noticed that when talking about the potential so called north v south all star game situation he mentioned Liverpool, United and Everton. Never mentioned City though. Someone could call that petty at the very least....

I think you’re being a bit paranoid to be honest about this, I agree that Klopp is a wanker but he’s right to laugh about Boehly’s comments. He probably just mentioned Everton and United because they have a longer standing rivalry than with us.
:)

Do you work in the field of sports journalism? Cause that's some weeeeeerld class scouse-washing you've done there, pal.

I mean, I know they're obsessed with 'istreee over where he resides, but that surely can't be the reason.

So, can you explain why he seems to reference our club almost constantly throughout the season when he fancies slinging some shit around, but then suddenly, when asked about an all-star team, the team that he spends months chatting shit about suddenly slips from his mind??

He's simply another petty little man (in a long line of petty little men) playing infantile games. The guy's a tosser!

This is Klopp's response to a question about Todd Boehly's suggestion of a North v South Allstar game in the Prem, and of course the German is correct in his generally dismissive attitude towards the idea. But what made me laugh is the fact that when he starts running through the teams that might supply players for the North and mentions the rags along with his own distasteful mob and Everton. The then goes on and adds Newcastle when it's clarified that the North team would include the north east as well.

Hilarious that he won't mention the champions of the country for four of the last five seasons. He'll say it's just a slip in a heat-of-the-moment reaction, but I really think it's more than that. There have been quite a few signs recently that City have really got to him and I see that as another.

To be honest I think Klopp answered this well. Yes not mentioning City is a bit petty but he didn't mention Chelsea either. The line about the Harlem Globetrotters was genuinely funny.

It's a shame that BT managed to disguise this, but I guess we can't have dissenting voices on TV at the moment

Fair play to the scousers that tried
Missing the point completely. BT didn't dumb down the mics to silence dissenting voices. They did it to show Liverpool fans in a better light because pretty much every British media outlet is so shit scared of that club that they dare not criticise them

It's the media gaslighting that pisses me off. I don't really give a shit if they boo, sing, or show their scouse arses during the minutes silence. Everybody knew there'd be a few idiots in that crowd who wouldn't be able keep their mouths shut and show an ounce of respect to a dead woman. But the media would have you believe it didn't happen at all, that it was impeccably observed.
Thought someone on Twitter articulated the British media's relationship with LFC perfectly "Scousewashing"

Thought someone on Twitter articulated the British media's relationship with LFC perfectly "Scousewashing"
2af742433814746993efe4401f7fd17b.jpg

To be honest I think Klopp answered this well. Yes not mentioning City is a bit petty but he didn't mention Chelsea either. The line about the Harlem Globetrotters was genuinely funny.
The best bit was when Klopp realised he had put his foot in it by saying: "He didn't really say that did he?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.