Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe because the area around the stadium does not have enough space for proper segregation when it is 50% support from each team rather than just a few thousand away fans. Last time I went I nearly got crushed trying to get in on Anfield Road.

Fair do's WDB

Indeed it is, but you are forgetting that despite this, it's never their fault.

Blobs were sweet wine mixed with sugar, lemon and hot water. The Yates' version of a hot toddy.
I remember seeing people asking for a blob in Yates' in the 70s. Most likely alcoholics.
Yates's were frequented historically by alcoholics as you could maintain your drunken stupor for much less money than it would cost in other pubs - notable exceptions being Holts, Boddingtons houses and working mens clubs.
Imagine a downmarket version of 'The Moon under water' (carpets removed!) and you're getting the idea of a traditional Yates establishment.

Yates's were frequented historically by alcoholics as you could maintain your drunken stupor for much less money than it would cost in other pubs - notable exceptions being Holts, Boddingtons houses and working mens clubs.
Imagine a downmarket version of 'The Moon under water' (carpets removed!) and you're getting the idea of a traditional Yates establishment.
The one on Portland street is still going, great place :-)

I have never been in a Yates wine shop so I feel that my life is not complete. Being completely honest I am a non-drinker so I suppose I missing out on a huge slice of life.
I used to drink my share, but the need/enjoyment I got from drinking alcohol is diminished by the downsides these days.
I do, however, continue to go in pubs and bars for the social side of things and am helped by the ever increasing range of low/no alcohol
drinks now available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.