Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when you watch City you are clueless, or not interested in the other teams tactics or players.
As a football person I do find that difficult to grasp.
I know it is not unusual , a bloke who sits just in front of me never knows the opponents players, or tactics, style of play.
A general knowledge of our opponents makes it more enjoyable for me.
Suppose everyone is different, no right or wrong.
You make a valid point mate, and happy to respond.
As you say, we are all different. I do watch our opponents carefully when we play them, but other teams I only ever watch highlights of, if that.

I wouldn’t say I’m completely clueless. When my lad was a bit younger and I was involved in managing his local team, I went and got my FA Coaching qualification, kept training diaries, worked out and delivered training drills and keenly observed tactics in pro games too. But I’ve had enough of it all, and fell out of love with “the game” some time ago. There are other sports I enjoy more and there are so many other things I’d rather do than, to my mind, waste 2 hours in that way.

But none of that has diminished my interest in or love of City or how closely I watch us and our opponents now.

You make a valid point mate, and happy to respond.
As you say, we are all different. I do watch our opponents carefully when we play them, but other teams I only ever watch highlights of, if that.

I wouldn’t say I’m completely clueless. When my lad was a bit younger and I was involved in managing his local team, I went and got my FA Coaching qualification, kept training diaries, worked out and delivered training drills and keenly observed tactics in pro games too. But I’ve had enough of it all, and fell out of love with “the game” some time ago. There are other sports I enjoy more and there are so many other things I’d rather do than, to my mind, waste 2 hours in that way.

But none of that has diminished my interest in or love of City or how closely I watch us and our opponents now.

Sorry wasn't being derogatory using the word clueless.
I probably watch too much.
I did my badges a long time ago and really enjoyed doing them.
I like to know what the coaches are trying to achieve, the set up of a team, players strengths , weaknesses.
I also like to spoil a good walk playing golf 3 times a week.

Our thread and Newcastles on RAWK is a great read. On the Newcastle thread, a few of them are giving up on football. Poor bastards chose the easy option when they were kids and supported a successful team, but they are jumping ship now.
Especially as their success was built purely on Moores' millions ...they like to pretend that they dragged kids from Toxteth to become champions.. they blew away many with their buys...

Also deluded..thinking THEY invented football culture and the rest stand back open mouthed in awe...such a deluded arrogant and basically ..thick twat..im all for every one on here to keep slating them for their delusion and arrogance... "we invented culture" FFS!!
They are also shocked as to why most subscribe to the "anyone but scousers" sentiment...maybe if they had a bit of grace and humility...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.