Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is jumping on the racism train, I'm wondering if maybe its homophobic.
No specific reason for my conclusion, just a bit of a hunch. Probably way wrong, just got a, feeling.
That would go some way to explaining how someone by all accounts leading the charge against racism caused an incident that needs referral to the league.

And, although this is all conjecture, I have known a few that I would consider (at least outwardly) anti-racist but who were—at the same time—quite homophobic. Though they obviously often overlap, they are two different prejudices, and it is amazing how people can harbour one whilst being almost militantly against the other.

Humans, eh?

Don't worry, I'm sure his teammates will call him out if it turns out he's a racist. After all, we know that Liverpool is a club with morals.

_109320100_liverpooll.jpg
Howard gayle doesn't like this post. Do you know what Tommy Smith called him

Everyone is jumping on the racism train, I'm wondering if maybe its homophobic.
No specific reason for my conclusion, just a bit of a hunch. Probably way wrong, just got a, feeling.
Whatever he said is open to debate and interpretation because of his horrific makem accent

People are commenting on firmino's expression but the more telling ones for me are Alisson and Klopp. Both give a "surely not" kind of look when Thiago and the ref seem to explain the problem to them.

Definitely seems to be an allegation of something unsavoury being said, Henderson doesn't seem to be the complete moron you'd have to be to do something like that in all honesty. it's unlikely we are going to find out what it is unless he's charged by the FA and for them to do that, it's going to need overwhelming evidence

IF a dipper made an unsavoury comment yesterday why didn't OliVAR deal with it with a yellow or red card instead of sending it 'upstairs' to the FA?

If the allegation is very serious the FA could have banged further punishment on top.

Maybe OliVAR didn't want the player to miss our match.
If, and at the moment it's nothing more than an if, the allegation is Henderson has said something racially related you cannot send him off or punish him unless the ref or officials heard it personally, Oliver actually handled it well in fairness if that's indeed what's happened.

That would go some way to explaining how someone by all accounts leading the charge against racism caused an incident that needs referral to the league.

And, although this is all conjecture, I have known a few that I would consider (at least outwardly) anti-racist but who were—at the same time—quite homophobic. Though they obviously often overlap, they are two different prejudices, and it is amazing how people can harbour one whilst being almost militantly against the other.

Humans, eh?
Let's be honest, there are people who are outwardly anti-racist who turn out to be inwardly racist too. The fact that a footballer takes the knee and wear anti-racism slogans says very little about their actual views on the issue. Modern footballers have a full PR team and know what noises to make on various issues. Henderson has also been outspoken about the rainbow laces campaign and the importance of inclusivity in football, and that doesn't mean that he couldn't use a homophobic slur. Not that, as you say, there's any evidence that he has done.

I've read rumours that Henderson made a comment to Partey about the recent accusations to spark this.

Can't see Partey anywhere near him in any of the clips of it

Probably wishful thinking from a Liverpool fan started that rumour. Henderson wouldn't come across as someone who'd make a racist comment all the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.