Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really true. Scores take the knee when the star spangled banner is played
What has that got to do with booing the national anthem and disrespecting the flag, which is what I replied to?

Taking the knee isn't disrespectful, is it?

Sorry, but this is just awful, hateful shite. I can’t stand the LFC cult, but it stops at football. The people and city of Liverpool are not LFC. Spreading this level of hatred is disgusting.
Everton exist as well. And yes, some of our fans are cunts but not all of us.
Social media has made it worse - these Liverpool facebook pages...... all the comments from people in continents outside of Europe (never mind England) all ending their comments with "YNWA" or "In Klopp we trust", and talking absolute bollocks about a club theyve never seen live. It's these pricks that are deluded. As said elsewhere, the genuine Scousers that we know from work or Uni or via a friend are decent folk but these out of town tossers (like their rag counterparts) feel the need to have to "hate" their rivals to show or to prove to local fans how much a fan they really are. A bit like the scene in The Life of Brian, where Brian wants to join the Judean Popular Front (or is it the Popular Front of Judea?) And John Cleese asks him "how much do you hate the Roman's?"

I get the rivalry between Manchester and Liverpool from folk who live in both cities,, but when you see someone from another continent being a Liverpool fan saying "I hate Manchester United" it's utter bollocks. This "I support this team therefore I must hate that team" is shite especially when you live 8,000 miles way.... it just fuels the situation....so much hate on football forums.
Well said. I really hate it when out-of-town Liverpool fans start gobbing off about how Everton have never won anything ever or sending Pickford death threats or expecting us to bow down and kiss their feet.

I love David Squires but I wish he hadn't jumped on the 'always the victims is about Hillsborough' bandwagon. It's not. It never was.
No journalist would dare say any different, as the response would be bullets in the post and death threats on social media. He probably has a family and values his job.
It's just clickbait for journalists now and jumping on a bandwagon. No matter what opposing fans say it will never be accepted as any different. I asked one on twitter the other day " when liverpool fans sung 2-0 to the murderers " at goodison in 2008, who were they referring to? No response to what was a genuine question.

I mean, I know people do sing songs about Hillsborough and make shitty jokes on social media. I've seen it. But 'always the victims' has nothing to do with Hillsborough and it really, really pisses me off how so many Liverpool fans use it as a get-out-of-jail card. You don't get to complain about Hillsborough songs when you're joking about Heysel and Munich. Or about Emiliano Sala's death.

And they can shove their DV jokes up their arses as well.

No disrespect mate but you've hated every one you've met so far. You don't sound the most liberal person to me, I lived in Kent for a few years and met some great people. You say you work in the music business and I have had great nights out with musicians and been backstage with quite a few. Even the scouse bands were sound except for maybe one - but that was more about the band dynamics than the man himself.
Which one? And have you met Shack by any chance?

I mean, I know people do sing songs about Hillsborough and make shitty jokes on social media. I've seen it. But 'always the victims' has nothing to do with Hillsborough and it really, really pisses me off how so many Liverpool fans use it as a get-out-of-jail card. You don't get to complain about Hillsborough songs when you're joking about Heysel and Munich. Or about Emiliano Sala's death.

And they can shove their DV jokes up their arses as well.
Thing is they got a lot of support re Hillsborough from other clubs fan's but they have tarnished it over the year's through their behaviour. So rather than condemn it they drop the " H" word as an excuse. I remember going the Anfield Derby a few years back. They had arranged a thank you mosaic on the Kop. They put it up as they were singing YAWN and the inevitable booing started and they used it as a way of saying we were ungrateful.
Only the other day Tony Evans was slagging Everton fans off on Twitter re Hillsborough. And Aldo was asking for people's phone numbers for straighteners. They're mad.

And Aldo was asking for people's phone numbers for straighteners. They're mad.

giphy.gif

Which one? And have you met Shack by any chance?
The singer is in a band with a rabbit connotation, met him backstage at a gig. Shack - we had Mick and the drummer in me mates car driving along Brighton seafront playing their tunes. Mick is a red, but is a lovely human being. Bill Ryder Jones is an Evertonian, and if you go on the AV8 records website you'll see some solo stuff by the Space lead singer.

Mind you in fairness I'm not scouse enough to understand it in context.
Quote " look, I'm not messing around with you, you arrogant nugget. You know I can't put my number on media. Giz yours and I'll sort the rest. Nobody else will get it and I will tell you where to be. You absolute nob"
This is a man who works for LFC TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.