Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, again, where did I say that I hate all scousers? Can anybody quote me as saying that I hate all scousers...NO!
I am speaking from my own viewpoint and that is that the scousers I have met I haven't liked. Does anybody seriously think I would hate the entire populace of a city based on a few individuals that I didn't get on with?

If and when I meet a Liverpudlian that I like then I will have to say I've only met one that I like.

Please don't feel the need to explain a perfectly rational opinion mate :)

The ones I have met have given me cause to dislike them - intently. No need for details because it is very very personal to me, but it is true.
The reason I mentioned Denny Laine is that he once said he absolutely hated scousers, but that was back then in the 80's and he was well drunk: he'd had some trouble with McCartney over the royalties for 'Mull of Kintyre.' When he'd calmed down a bit he admitted he was being irrational.
My grievance with the scousers I've met is simply because of the personal thing I touched on.
As I've stated before, I haven't met that many scousers so I wouldn't be so stupid as to judge them all by the ones I have met.

Anyway, I'm a Beatle fan so I couldn't possibly dislike them all!
It was nothing personal to me anyway, I've heard similar so many times. No disrespect but your probably dealing with a level of musician that could be a knob whether they were scouse or not. Most of the ones I have met are humble and easy to get on with. Apart from one well known one who even now his own band won't travel with him.

It was nothing personal to me anyway, I've heard similar so many times. No disrespect but your probably dealing with a level of musician that could be a knob whether they were scouse or not. Most of the ones I have met are humble and easy to get on with. Apart from one well known one who even now his own band won't travel with him.
Are you in the same line of business then?

Think alot of "local" fans in England need a bit of a reality check. You can court foreign ownership, overseas tv deals and teams with mainly foreigners and moan if your team attracts fans from all over the globe. If you want this go support a lower league or non league team if not shut up moaning and quit this nonsense local fans superiority complex.
The idea of dropping City and going to support a lower league or non league team is nonsense because City are my club from my city that represents me as a person who I’ve supported since I was a kid with my family having been City fans for generations. You can’t just ditch clubs and and pick up new clubs to support at the drop of a hat.

We as fans never courted foreign ownership, overseas tv deals and teams with mainly foreigners. I’d have been eternally happy and content being a City fan if none of this ever happened. And I wouldn’t particularly care long term if it all disappeared tomorrow. I’d still go and watch City week-in-week-out and my enjoyment (like it always has been no matter what division we’ve been in) would still be there because they’re my team while all the latcher-onners would all disappear and go and take up pretending to be supporters of their next shiny new fashion accessory.

Yup, the domestic U.K. market has been tapped out for years. The main source of revenue growth for Premier Clubs is overseas markets. The main reason the Premier League is outpacing La Liga is it has a larger US tv deal.

Why are we at the point where we sell our arse for investment and money? I don't care a jot if the premier league is outpacing anyone we are what we are and we should be what we are.

Local fans saying they don't want to turn into Disneyland like the rags and the dippers isn't a bad thing, because when the glory goes the only thing left will be tradition and the local fans to prop a club up.

Are you in the same line of business then?
No but I have met a lot of musicians as have had friends who are professionals. Music and football are interlinked to me and get the ego bit with them but just let it roll. Your probably at a different end from it and I understand that some of them can be difficult shall we say!!
I can just treat them as people and if they're cnuts I can say so. You might have to bite your tongue a little more :-)

Why are we at the point where we sell our arse for investment and money? I don't care a jot if the premier league is outpacing anyone we are what we are and we should be what we are.

Local fans saying they don't want to turn into Disneyland like the rags and the dippers isn't a bad thing, because when the glory goes the only thing left will be tradition and the local fans to prop a club up.
And when the glory goes the glory hunters don’t get the reflected glory so don’t know what to do other than see they’re arse and demand better than finishing 6th and still playing in Europe and protest for new owners.

And when the glory goes the glory hunters don’t get the reflected glory so don’t know what to do other than see they’re arse and demand better than finishing 6th and still playing in Europe and protests for new owners.

Exactly, I don't want to see us turn into a worldwide circus where local fans can be excluded, ignored and looked upon as "Legacy" and neither should any other fan.

By local I mean anyone with a genuine link, and by not local I mean the half and half daytrippers that will be attending in droves if the money chasers have their way.

A club shouldn't dismiss local fans concerns for worldwide fans demands.

Exactly, I don't want to see us turn into a worldwide circus where local fans can be excluded, ignored and looked upon as "Legacy" and neither should any other fan.

By local I mean anyone with a genuine link, and by not local I mean the half and half daytrippers that will be attending in droves if the money chasers have their way.

A club shouldn't dismiss local fans concerns for worldwide fans demands.
Yeah course, I’ve met and know genuine City fans from Cheltenham, Swindon, West Bromwich, Belfast, Norway and probably other places… I’ve also known Mancunian City fans from City supporting families when I was at school in the 90s who started supporting United because they were winning trophies.

No genuine fans from anywhere are going to be the ‘I’ve fallen out of love with football, it’s not as good as it used to be, if these protests don’t go the way I want I’m not going to watch them anymore, I’ll do something else on a Saturday afternoon or I’ll go and support someone else’ brigade you see when some clubs start dropping away from winning.

There is a big difference between genuine fans and the here-today-gone-tomorrow fans and when clubs price out the genuine fans in favour of these h-t-g-t fans, who’s attending when it all goes tits up?

Yeah course, I’ve met and know genuine City fans from Cheltenham, Swindon, West Bromwich, Belfast, Norway and probably other places… I’ve also known Mancunian City fans from City supporting families when I was at school in the 90s who started supporting United because they were winning trophies.

No genuine fans from anywhere are going to be the ‘I’ve fallen out of love with football, it’s not as good as it used to be, if these protests don’t go the way I want I’m not going to watch them anymore, I’ll do something else on a Saturday afternoon or I’ll go and support someone else’ brigade you see when some clubs start dropping away from winning.

There is a big difference between genuine fans and the here-today-gone-tomorrow fans.

We have always had our supporters clubs from all over and they are part of the life and soul of our club, those pushing for more and more of a global influence however are not part of the soul of our club they are taking it away from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.