Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he can be asked how he feels about their fans booing the national anthem, smashing up Europe for decades, singing pro IRA sings at Rangers, smashing coaches, spitting and throwing coins and much much more.
As always with them offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

wouldn’t it be nice if 1 major media outlet had the backbone to call them out on double standards, highlighting their own fans behaviour
Lots have mentioned that on the tweets & the Dipper responses perfectly sum up why the football community sing “always the victims”

1667254928606.gif1667254928606.gif

Who managed Bayern in the year 2015.lol
It actually was the season 2014/15. Funnily after the World Cup the Bayern players like Robben and Müller really thrived - the Dortmund players, that apart from Hummels only were on the bench, were totally buffled by all the celebrations they got when they e.g. got a honorable citizenship (?) by the town they lived or where born in. The Bayern players struggled (especially with injuries) in autumn 2010 - but not anymore in 2014.

I love Pep - but that downfall had anything to do with Bayern even if the distance between Bayern and Dortmund had risen by a big margin in the previous two seasons. But Klopp at the time really had just one tactical idea and that was Gegenpressing - no idea for playing ball possession - and the teams parked the bus now - as they did against Bayern.

This is the same MP who was kicking off about the lack of respect for the minute's silence at the Community Shield. Thing is, he didn't bother to ask about the background.

Liverpool FC were asked about this by the FA prior to the game and said they didn't want it. They'd had one at the appropriate time and didn't see the need for another. But the FA ignored them and decided they were going to do it anyway. However neither club were told there was actually going to be a minute's silence. The phrase used was "a moment of reflection" but the fans weren't informed of this until just before it took place and, as so often happens, many carried on singing and talking, completely unaware of the silence.

I wasn't there and people who were said it wasn't clear what happened with pr fans. I'm not going to defend anyone who deliberately and knowingly disrupted it, but the overwhelming majority, if not all, didn't do that. But I will say that their ill-mannered booing of the National Anthem, and Prince William, shows that, with them, respect only works one way.

City thought they were doing the right thing by immediately apologising but it was the wrong thing in hindsight. First of all it ratcheted up the tension between the fans at Wembley by releasing that while the game was in progress. Second, City should have said they'd review the incident first, rather than effectively saying our fans were guilty.I offered to contact him, to discuss this but City said they'd already done so, so I didn't bother.

They should also have briefed the media about the FA's ham-fisted handling of this, and mentioned that in any public statement. It was poor PR from the club but it was just after Vicky Kloss left and maybe, despite the stick she got from some, her sure hand was missing.
I was there and that is exactly what happened. No one knew it was coming, the 'moment of reflection' threw everyone. Remember asking the lad next to me if we were supposed to be clapping. There was no booing of the minute's silence, but there was a group singing "city best team in the land" which you could hear. Very good chance they were on the concourse, or coming out from the concourse (done that myself. bounced into molineux during the minute's silence for the queen mum years ago without realising. shut up very quickly) but it might have just been deliberate. even if it was, and they were being out of order, it wasn't that many. The shit we got for that was beyond a joke. Even Lucy Powell saying she was a blue but she was disgusted by it, was furious with that. Happy to have a dig at her own team without learning what actually happened.

It's a difficult one for the club though. They say anything which doesn't instantly bow down to the self-righteous bullshit from anfield and the howling starts. And this is from someone who has laid flowers at anfield more than once for those who died that day. They weaponise it well.

No rotation for 4 seasons and eventually they're looking absolutely fucking shot - it's like watching granny shagger's final season at the rags. Been following the PL for some time but I've never seen a top 4 team that looked so desperate around October. Losing twice in a week to some atrocious relegation fodder was a reality check for some of those deluded cultists.

Perhaps he can be asked how he feels about their fans booing the national anthem, smashing up Europe for decades, singing pro IRA sings at Rangers, smashing coaches, spitting and throwing coins and much much more.
As always with them offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

wouldn’t it be nice if 1 major media outlet had the backbone to call them out on double standards, highlighting their own fans behaviour
“Smashing up Europe for decades”? I’ve been over 50 aways on the continent since our return from the ban, and never once seen anything “smashed up”. Have a go at us for Heysel by all means (if you think a tragedy is something to score points over) everyone else does, constantly. But don’t make stuff up eh hertsblue.

“Smashing up Europe for decades”? I’ve been over 50 aways on the continent since our return from the ban, and never once seen anything “smashed up”. Have a go at us for Heysel by all means (if you think a tragedy is something to score points over) everyone else does, constantly. But don’t make stuff up eh hertsblue.

Heysel wasn't a tragedy it was a crime, so was smashing our bus and countless other crimes your brethren commit.

It’s never your fault,is that right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.