Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, if you are a member of a group with a bad rep, you tend to get tarred with the same brush even if you are perfectly innocent. Unfair, but that's how it is.

LFC fans had a track record of going on the rob, not least in Europe. Not all, of course, but enough to get them a reputation. There's no denying this, as I've seen them boast of it, not least on RAWK. (Just as some on here boast about their 'hooligan' activities back in the day.)

Pre-Hillsborough, football fans in general - that is all of us - had a bad rep. But within that, LFC fans had one of the worst reps out there, which was, in a sense, quite an achievement.

This is one reason why so many people were ready and willing to believe the worst after Hillsborough. Yes, it was prejudice, and it was unjust, but you can see how it came about. I suspect if the Rags or Millwall (to name two of the obvious) had been involved instead, they would have been treated exactly the same.
Yep they openly boasted for years about knocking over jewellers and sports shops on their European aways, as they invented trainers and sportswear, along with fire, the wheel, the internal combustion engine and sliced bread

This could go full circle.

1. Junior school children are taught about Hillsborough.
2. Someone composes a nursery rhyme to commemorate Hillsborough.
3. The nursery rhyme is sung on football terraces so that Hillsborough isn't forgotten.
4. Survivors and family members are traumatised about Hillsborough when they hear the nursery rhyme.
5. Everyone needs to be re-educated.
6. Repeat ad infinitum.

Scouse separatist?
Really?
WTF would sustain their GDP? They would make Somalia look like Norway.
I mean is this just a 'position', as in, striking a pose? Or is it actually a belief, like Scots Nationalism?
If the latter, please, please can it be expedited? Just imagine the advantages.

Scouse separatist?
Really?
WTF would sustain their GDP? They would make Somalia look like Norway.
I mean is this just a 'position', as in, striking a pose? Or is it actually a belief, like Scots Nationalism?
If the latter, please, please can it be expedited? Just imagine the advantages.

Scouse separatist ……….living in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.