Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Evans again from, explaining how victimised they are (I wonder why that is?)

https://www.the42.ie/tony-evans-on-heysel-ban-liverpool-3899431-Mar2018/

How significant was the mainstream media’s role in how hooliganism and the people of Liverpool in general were perceived?

The accent was criminalised. You should have tried to spend a £20 note in London in the mid-80s with a Scouse accent. Blimey. They examine it, hold it up to the light, show it to their mates and then they wouldn’t want to take it.

They assumed you were a criminal. They assumed that you were on the rob. Basically, they de-humanised us. We were untrustworthy, we were dangerous, it’s bizarre, it’s mad, but the roots of it are in bigotry. They stretch it back to the anti-Irishness of the late 18th and early 19th century.

And they stretch it back to the potato famine and Liverpool’s increasingly separate identity after the famine from the other English cities that surrounded it. The roots of all the suspicion and invective lie there.
So this **** weaponised food a full 4 years before Putin.

Wow.

Unfortunately, if you are a member of a group with a bad rep, you tend to get tarred with the same brush even if you are perfectly innocent. Unfair, but that's how it is.

LFC fans had a track record of going on the rob, not least in Europe. Not all, of course, but enough to get them a reputation. There's no denying this, as I've seen them boast of it, not least on RAWK. (Just as some on here boast about their 'hooligan' activities back in the day.)

Pre-Hillsborough, football fans in general - that is all of us - had a bad rep. But within that, LFC fans had one of the worst reps out there, which was, in a sense, quite an achievement.

This is one reason why so many people were ready and willing to believe the worst after Hillsborough. Yes, it was prejudice, and it was unjust, but you can see how it came about. I suspect if the Rags or Millwall (to name two of the obvious) had been involved instead, they would have been treated exactly the same.

Just who does he think he is FFS?
Absolute total bellend!

Here he is chatting to Matt Le Tissier and one of the Chuckle Brothers
Has moments of sobriety and was a musician with the Farm once. Used to work for the Times so had no qualms taking money off Murdoch.

Reactions: PPT
Granada Reports main story is about the Hillsborough chants and an MP reporting it to the Premier League

I can’t believe in 2022 tony pisspot evans
Is still blaming a stadium for killing those juventus fans
‘We didn’t mean to hurt anyone’

If David duckinfield issued a statement tomorrow saying ‘I didn’t mean hillsborough’ would they all accept that??

Vile vile man
They have actually convinced themselves it wasn’t their fault
…it’s never their fault

And they can’t understand why fans sing a certain song!!!
I watched the start of the broadcast and I saw a Juve fan hit on the back of the head with half a house brick! Perhaps the Dipper hooligan meant to miss him and just lobbed it as a warning. They expect anyone with half a brain cell to believe any or all of the shite they spout.

I watched the start of the broadcast and I saw a Juve fan hit on the back of the head with half a house brick! Perhaps the Dipper hooligan meant to miss him and just lobbed it as a warning. They expect anyone with half a brain cell to believe any or all of the shite they spout.
To be fair he was probably aiming for the nearest bus and the Juve fan just got in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.