Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

cc1ac25b2da0b9ca04845da44b4a87a9.gif
The GIF that keeps on giving. Can’t decide which one is my favourite out of that little lot. Glasses man always cracks me up with his delayed reaction!

I've found when we've played them the last 2 times at Anfield a fast start is important. They'll then try and manufacture some kind of 'incident' to rile the crowd, Trent will gesture to the crowd as will Klopp, usually over a trivial foul that they want a red for or a dodgy penalty claim. They also keep trying the long ball from the back out to Salah on the wing so whoever is playing left back for City will need to be on it.

They always then seem to come out like a team possessed for the start of the 2nd half. They are absolute wank at the back though - their wing backs can't defend properly so I'd imagine City will target the flanks - I don't think high balls into Haaland will be that effective as VVD will be man marking him so quick breaks on the wings and low balls in or KdB playing behind the lines where the Dippers defence can be a bit flat footed.

I'm gutted we only beat them 3-1 at our stadium - we could and should have scored a couple more due to their defence being a bit static.

A draw works best for us but I reckon City will win it by a couple of goals. I think Liverpool are flat track bullies who have had some luck albeit they have great team spirit and desire to hustle and close space down - City have the players to play through that press though and keep the ball.

I've found when we've played them the last 2 times at Anfield a fast start is important. They'll then try and manufacture some kind of 'incident' to rile the crowd, Trent will gesture to the crowd as will Klopp, usually over a trivial foul that they want a red for or a dodgy penalty claim. They also keep trying the long ball from the back out to Salah on the wing so whoever is playing left back for City will need to be on it.

They always then seem to come out like a team possessed for the start of the 2nd half. They are absolute wank at the back though - their wing backs can't defend properly so I'd imagine City will target the flanks - I don't think high balls into Haaland will be that effective as VVD will be man marking him so quick breaks on the wings and low balls in or KdB playing behind the lines where the Dippers defence can be a bit flat footed.

I'm gutted we only beat them 3-1 at our stadium - we could and should have scored a couple more due to their defence being a bit static.

A draw works best for us but I reckon City will win it by a couple of goals. I think Liverpool are flat track bullies who have had some luck albeit they have great team spirit and desire to hustle and close space down - City have the players to play through that press though and keep the ball.
I really hope you’re right, but our record at Klanfield says otherwise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.