Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

I really hope you’re right, but our record at Klanfield says otherwise.
All I'll say is since I've joined this forum I've witnessed an absolute ton of posts from City fans hand wringing when you are a goal down at half time, or implying Pep has messed up his tactics and I've thought to myself 'what the hell are these guys on about, it's so obvious City will come back and win this' and I've been right because its either been a superhuman goalkeeping/defensive display (eg Brentford away) that simply cannot last 90 minutes or an obvious tactical change that Pep invariably spots and sorts at the break.

The reason I'm confident you guys will win is that Liverpool will play into your hands by trying a gung ho, high pressure, high energy approach which works against most PL teams but won't work against a high quality midfield. See how Arsenal dismantled that by playing through/around that press? Then look at your midfield, you've got sheer class there with players who have the skill and nous to get through that.

In my opinion City's biggest threat is if a team tries to play very tight with a superb defensive unit but still possesses a genuine threat up top. Liverpool have the threat up top but don't have the defensive unit to hold City to virtually no chances.

So logically, unless City shit the bed completely, you'll concede chances and maybe a goal or 2 but you'll play through their midfield and create plenty of chances yourselves and I think you'll create more chances than they do. Ideally you score 1st then you can pick them off when they inevitably throw the kitchen sink at you.

So I'm not saying this to be polite on a City forum (I want this to be a draw that's best for us) but I just can't see how City aren't going to dismantle that Dippers defensive unit. For a team that's won the treble and then the Club World Cup I'm frequently dumbfounded at how pessimistic some of your fans can be! If in doubt look at the trophy cabinet, there's a clue there!

All I'll say is since I've joined this forum I've witnessed an absolute ton of posts from City fans hand wringing when you are a goal down at half time, or implying Pep has messed up his tactics and I've thought to myself 'what the hell are these guys on about, it's so obvious City will come back and win this' and I've been right because its either been a superhuman goalkeeping/defensive display (eg Brentford away) that simply cannot last 90 minutes or an obvious tactical change that Pep invariably spots and sorts at the break.

The reason I'm confident you guys will win is that Liverpool will play into your hands by trying a gung ho, high pressure, high energy approach which works against most PL teams but won't work against a high quality midfield. See how Arsenal dismantled that by playing through/around that press? Then look at your midfield, you've got sheer class there with players who have the skill and nous to get through that.

In my opinion City's biggest threat is if a team tries to play very tight with a superb defensive unit but still possesses a genuine threat up top. Liverpool have the threat up top but don't have the defensive unit to hold City to virtually no chances.

So logically, unless City shit the bed completely, you'll concede chances and maybe a goal or 2 but you'll play through their midfield and create plenty of chances yourselves and I think you'll create more chances than they do. Ideally you score 1st then you can pick them off when they inevitably throw the kitchen sink at you.

So I'm not saying this to be polite on a City forum (I want this to be a draw that's best for us) but I just can't see how City aren't going to dismantle that Dippers defensive unit. For a team that's won the treble and then the Club World Cup I'm frequently dumbfounded at how pessimistic some of your fans can be! If in doubt look at the trophy cabinet, there's a clue there!
It’s called 50+ years of supporting City!

The mentality monsters will appear for the first 25 minutes trying to kill the game off. Then they will go to being flat pack bullies for 50 minutes after they’ve run out of steam. Then they will go back to being mentality monsters for the last 15 minutes plus injury time, when they will start hoofing crosses into the penalty box, hoping for a lucky bounce, a penalty or a corner, so VVD can score a winning goal from the corner.

The GIF that keeps on giving. Can’t decide which one is my favourite out of that little lot. Glasses man always cracks me up with his delayed reaction!
The headless man just off centre top right is another great one

It's all about the finishing, we create a ton of chances against them every game but a lot of times our finishing lets us down, we dismantle their defence regularly but it means nothing if we waste the chances, we need to be clinical this time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.