Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

I'm not sure Arsenal's game plan will be to nick the ball. It will be to try and control possession and pass through City. If you look at recent City-Arsenal games possession has been fairly even, or Arsenal have had more. The type of game vs us will be totally different to vs the Dippers. Vs us it will be a midfield battle, vs Dippers they'll try to bypass your midfield.

On that note it will be important for City to not fall for Liverpool wind up tactics - last thing you need is someone like Rodri to get sent off and miss the game against Arsenal as he will be pivotal.
Our discipline earlier in the season had me doubting our ability to go on and challenge for the league.

We have been ultra disciplined in seasons gone by.
The turning point seemed to Pep telling the players to react when Rico was getting bullied last season.
We changed.

When fine margins are talked about. Nobody mentions walking the tight rope of being aggressive and keeping it below the point of losing the plot. But also aggressive enough to dominate and control your opponent.

Question for you City fans who travel to Anfield to support City. Does it feel like a more intimidating place to go than other stadiums? Do you feel like your safety is more at risk there than going to (as an example) Tottenham?
From my experience not really. It's more a feeling that you desperately want to get back down the M62 and have a bath.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.