Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think lfc might have a stronger team than ours. It's all subjective though. They have to get them playing the way klopp wants but this season will be their opportunity to do that, then next season will really be up for the title. (If not this)

Net spend over the last few season though, surely we're not top of that anymore. And I'm hoping we can bring some youth players through too. Let the other clubs downs silly money, which is what caciedo feels like.
Who in their squad would you put into our strongest starting eleven?
Probably a case for salah on the right allowing silva to play more central. Can't think of another personally, some of their players are better than our squad players so could improve our squad

Probably a case for salah on the right allowing silva to play more central. Can't think of another personally, some of their players are better than our squad players so could improve our squad
I dont think its about their players are better than ours individually. Their purchases have strengthened the way they play.

But I suppose Macallister would have been good at City, I dont think any of their others would have been good for city though. And especially not Salah, prima donna who likes things his way.

I find the whole combined eleven thing a bit misleading because fans are naturally going to biased towards their own players in their selection which can give the impression that there is this huge chasm between the quality of the respective squads when the reality is that there is not much to choose between them.

For example, if you were to ask fans of the two teams who the better player is out of Jack Grealish and Luis Diaz, most City fans would say Grealish whereas most Liverpool fans would say Diaz. The truth is that they are both excellent players with different strengths. And you could do the same with several players from either side.

I think a fairer way to compare a team/squad is to just put them side by side. Of course there are outliers like Haaland who is obviously a far more prolific goalscorer than Nunez but by and large the players are all of a similar quality with one of ours maybe being slightly better than one of theirs and vice versa.

I'm not trying to downplay how good our squad is by the way, for me it just underlines how impressive it is what Guardiola is achieving when you consider the strength of our rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.