Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Amorin would turn down the opportunity to go to the dippers. I'm sure it's more a case of him wanting to remain focussed on Sporting as they've got the chance to win the league and cup this season. The dippers will have wanted Alonso undoubtedly and have had to scratch around for their Plan B.
would he tho, whoever takes that job is on a complete hiding to nothing

he wont be going to the euros so to him it doesnt matter, like i said its obvious that everything isnt normal but the press would much rather look into financial stuff that they dont understand than actual cheating on the pitch because god forbid you would upset the scousers
Yes, I'm aware he won't be going but I'm just not sure how relevant it is because I'm not sure if the testing regime is any different to club football. Besides, they have MacAllister, Nunez, Salah and Diaz all not making the trip either.

A lot of people slagged off City at Anfield but I didn't. What we faced in that second half was far from normal energy levels in the Liverpool team. They used loads of petrol but still only came away with a 1-1 draw. City fought very hard for a point and look knackered at the end.

Yes, I'm aware he won't be going but I'm just not sure how relevant it is because I'm not sure if the testing regime is any different to club football. Besides, they have MacAllister, Nunez, Salah and Diaz all not making the trip either.

A lot of people slagged off City at Anfield but I didn't. What we faced in that second half was far from normal energy levels in the Liverpool team. They used loads of petrol but still only came away with a 1-1 draw. City fought very hard for a point and look knackered at the end.
fair point, there energy levels definitely arent normal but i think thats why they drop off every second season.

its a national shame how the press have allowed themselves to be bullied by such an insignificant group of people to the point where any objective or investigative reporting is just simply not allowed.

It just shows you what blackmail, boycotting and threats of violence can achieve. Maybe we City fans are too nice.

would he tho, whoever takes that job is on a complete hiding to nothing

You're not going to make it as a manager if you rule yourself out of the big jobs on the basis it might go wrong. That wouldn't even cross his mind if he was any good. He'll see the opportunity rather than the threat. He's going to have more money to spend and a better squad and whilst you're replacing someone they deem to be a god, you will probably get a bit of leeway initially.

You're not going to make it as a manager if you rule yourself out of the big jobs on the basis it might go wrong. That wouldn't even cross his mind if he was any good. He'll see the opportunity rather than the threat. He's going to have more money to spend and a better squad and whilst you're replacing someone they deem to be a god, you will probably get a bit of leeway initially.
i dont think he will get a tremendous amount to spend and even if he does he will have to replace salah and van disney with the money he gets. Im not necessarily saying you should rule yourself out of the big jobs but where the scousers are concerned you're not going to get any leeway.

i dont think he will get a tremendous amount to spend and even if he does he will have to replace salah and van disney with the money he gets. Im not necessarily saying you should rule yourself out of the big jobs but where the scousers are concerned you're not going to get any leeway.

There will be challenges wherever you go. He's going to have more money to spend than he does at Sporting and what's he going to decline that job for? What's his next option? Wait for Brighton/Wolves to be available and learn his trade? I can't see someone at his age with a relative lack of experience turning down a move to the dippers. Opportunity might not come up again. If it doesn't work out, he'll go and do a decent job somewhere else instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.