Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon my ignorance but wouldn't their starting team last night be similar to the strength of ours against Madrid with who or who didn't play? What's all this resting players bollocks
It’s a moot point, anyway, given they brought on the “big guns” and then proceeded to concede more goals at home to a relatively poor Italian side than they did with the “piecemeal” starting eleven.

We went to the Bernabeu without our best out-and-out defender, our best cover defender, and the second best player in the world (and the best player in the world had one of his worst games in a City shirt for years) and, if not for a ridiculous amount of luck for Real Madrid, we would have walked away with a two goal lead for the return leg. All the while scoring three contenders for goal of the season.

As it stands, we are in the exact same position as we were last year before we laid a smackdown on them at the Etihad that many pundits and analysts declared was the most comprehensive dismantling of Real Madrid they had every seen.

Whilst Liverpool has to go to Bergamo and score four to have a hope of progressing in the “We needed something for the rest of the ‘historic’ clubs that are shite now to do whilst the big clubs play for real honours’ Cup.

These performances were not the same.

Well as the last dipper standing on this forum I thought I better come out of hiding in "Off Topic"

Got exactly what we deserved tonight! Fuck all!
Have to say hats off to Atalanta and their coach for the way they approached th game and carried it out for the whole game. I think Klopp and the team were taken by surprise and never got their head around it and how to cope. Not aided by many having an off night.
Always try and take a positive from any negative and so lets hope that is a wake up call to them all to not believe the hype and sharpen up. So many took it far to easy.
As someone else said. Gomez not on it tonight which made me wonder what on earth Pep was up to when we played you in not telling Foden to just run at Gomez every opportunity he got.
Play anything like that in our remainign league games and we will be lucky to finish 3rd!
No let’s not, let’s hope it’s the start of the dippers demise and losing every game until the end of the season ..:-)

He runs 12.6kms per game, apparently. Yep, normal stuff.

One thing I'm not sure about though is whether or not there is more testing at international tournaments than in the regular season.

I think the questions are more: who is carrying out the testing and how serious are they about finding what they should be looking for?

Yes, I'm aware he won't be going but I'm just not sure how relevant it is because I'm not sure if the testing regime is any different to club football. Besides, they have MacAllister, Nunez, Salah and Diaz all not making the trip either.

A lot of people slagged off City at Anfield but I didn't. What we faced in that second half was far from normal energy levels in the Liverpool team. They used loads of petrol but still only came away with a 1-1 draw. City fought very hard for a point and look knackered at the end.

TUE exemptions. You can get exemptions from testing agencies for drugs and medications if you cite certain conditions, asthma being one. A lot of medications can be used to mask performance enhancing drugs.

People would have to be naive to think this stuff isn't rife in football. The top doctors of performance enhancing drugs will openly tell you they are always ahead of the testing and the testing is always playing catch up, so I'd say just because people in sports haven't been caught it doesn't mean they're not doing it. I have no idea if Liverpool do or not, just saying nothing would surprise me.

Although the inhaler thing is incredibly suspicious. Apparently at one point 63% of the Liverpool squad was "athsmatic". Only 6% of male adults genuinely have it. Even on the numbers alone something isn't right. The law of averages means you might have 1 or 2 In your squad, not two thirds of your squad. Even a non conspiracy theorist would have to question those numbers.

Why would you want to go to Anfield and play the plucky underdog? Hodgson fell foul of them getting the knives out. Rodgers was given Ricky Lambert and Mario Ballotelli to do the job. If they don’t get this appointment right it’s back to rattling around in 6th and proclaiming every year is ‘their year’.
They do that every other season already, and that's with the 'best manager in the world' in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.