Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, Klopp is the only one who's been able to push Pep close in recent years. Let's be honest if it wasn't for our record-breaking form and some wonder goals and performances (Kompany v Leicester, Gundogan v Villa etc) he'd have his hands on a few more league titles. I am sure if you asked Pep if Klopp is a good manager he'd say he was - who else in England have had more than 90 points and lost the title?

He's also ripped us a new one in the CL.

I do think we should give him credit for turning Liverpool into title contenders. I honestly think Klopp is the only one who pushes Pep as well.
If VAR hadn't been introduced that season they wouldn't have won the league. Their 'run really fast and, if nothing's on, initiate contact and throw yourself over' tactics were perfect in a season when the new technology caused the referees to only make any kind of decision when a player went over.
As soon as a player went down it was a case of 'well, there's contact so he's entitled to go over' better give it just in case. Referees gave a foul every time someone went over amd let VAR decide on it just in case but then VAR couldn't over turn it because of the whole 'clear and obvious' rule. The first two VAR seasons were perfect for teams full of divers like Liverpool and Leicester and it's only got slightly better very recently.

The statement "He's also ripped us a new one in the CL." is demonstrably false considering we scored more legal goals than they did over the two legs, there's not much you can do when goals are chalked off incorrectly. The best you could say is that they went through at our expense, ripped us a new one is, however, ridiculous hyperbole.

I went to Dortmund v Koln on a Friday night early in 2020 (Haaland's home debut for Dortmund. I was outside a pub really close to the ground and chatting to a Koln supporting mate and my lad when a group of Dortmund fans became intrigued by my Englishness and started chatting. They asked me what I thought of Klopp as a City fan and seemed genuinely shocked when I replied that he was "An attention seeking dickhead." Obviousl they hold him in very high regard.
Yeah, that's Dortmund fans though so understandable. I think fans of other German clubs aren't too keen on him!

Why Liverpool are starting to act like rags ? panic buys and overpaying for players, they had a good strategy before and now it's gone out of the window. Tonalli is going to cost less than some guy who 19 appearances in the PL. I don't blame other leagues for hating the PL, this league is getting out of control where not even established players are going for £60 million+

Klopp won't be there next season
But the return of Slippy will cheer them all up, I daresay. Now that would be something worth paying money to see: the gurning German being ushered out the back door while Stevie Starfish enters through the front.

Please, please make this a reality, and I promise I shall be good for at least another millisecond.

I can see the dippers going the same way as post Fergie rags. Mane and Salah papered over a lot of cracks, Mane gone and replaced by inferior players and Salah new contract in hand seems to no longer tow the party line, also assume his being on twice the next player isn’t helping dressing room harmony. Their keeper saved them yesterday. Happy days.

But the return of Slippy will cheer them all up, I daresay. Now that would be something worth paying money to see: the gurning German being ushered out the back door while Stevie Starfish enters through the front.

Please, please make this a reality, and I promise I shall be good for at least another millisecond.
Slippy returning would be up there with Ole’s at the wheel, lol

Greedy Stevie wouldn't go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.