Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Absolutely. 100%. I've noticed a few teams in the Championship are now adapting the Pep way: playing out from the back, keeping the ball on the ground, etc. A few years ago this was not the case, particularly in the lower leagues. The keeper would just hoof it up the other end and hope something good comes of it.
A lot of these stoneage managers (Pulis/Fat Sam, and one or two others) put out the excuse that they don't have a sugar-daddy owner with billions and billions to splash out on the best players available, but that is just laziness on their behalf. It is too much like hard work on the training ground to install a method of play that is far superior to hoof and run, they even use derogatory terms to describe it, tippy-tappy football, or something similar.
The work ethic for the team begins on the training ground, and if you don't have the motivation, or indeed the knowledge, to adapt to the changing world you should get out and let the next man take over. But it doesn't happen, because we are constantly seeing the likes of Steve Bruce turning up at yet another club with their awful football.

Today, more and more teams are copying Pep's way, and it's a good thing. You won't get crowds queuing up to get through the gates if it's nothing but glorified pub football. This is the 21st Century.
The only Manager before Pep in the PL that played exciting passing football was Kevin Keegan, his Newcastle team that ultimately finished runners up to the Rags were brilliant that season, they just bottled it towards the end.

We saw first hand how that style could be adopted in a lower league when he took over at City and we were promoted as Champions, that was some season with Ali B and Eyal amongst our players, that was one of my favourite seasons of all in my lifetime. KK was a forerunner of Pep, not quite the same but the football was brilliant.

City centre is full of red tourists. They are everywhere in their half and half scarves. Trying to figure out the local accent, how the currency works, and where the ground is. By Sunday they will be trying to get into one of the bars showing the game as no way most will have a ticket. They will moan about City, moan about Everton, declare Klopp the greatest manager of all time. Then they will cry as their lord makes his exit.
And that's just the press..!!

City centre is full of red tourists. They are everywhere in their half and half scarves. Trying to figure out the local accent, how the currency works, and where the ground is. By Sunday they will be trying to get into one of the bars showing the game as no way most will have a ticket. They will moan about City, moan about Everton, declare Klopp the greatest manager of all time. Then they will cry as their lord makes his exit.

I shall give the city centre a miss for a few days
Train to Manchester,get in MaryD's,have a few pints.You will be most welcome.

See Sky, as one of their 3 chosen games for the weekend, have L'pool v Wolves - why? It means nothing, yet Newcastle and Manu games have a meaning to them around euro qualification yet neither will be televised...
Wolves could get a top half finish if they win and the other results go the right way.

I shall give the city centre a miss for a few days

I assume that's because they'd already paid for tickets and accommodation, so may as well make the best of it.

The only Manager before Pep in the PL that played exciting passing football was Kevin Keegan, his Newcastle team that ultimately finished runners up to the Rags were brilliant that season, they just bottled it towards the end.
You don’t think Arsenal Wenger’s Arsenal played exciting passing football?!

I have never really liked klopp with his false teeth, dyed hair, hair transplant, etc.

But I'm so fucking happy that this knobhead is fucking after winning only the carabo Cup. The Carabo Cup is his standard.

That's not forget he encouraged his fans to attack our teams bus. Don't forget he encouraged ticket less fans to go to Paris. That's not forget his excuses, long grass, lines to wide, playing at 12:30, clearing only the snow from the half dippers were attacking. City's staff cleared the whole pitch in about 20 minutes !

So just fuck of klopp you over rate plastic tooth twat and stick to riding your fucking gym bike.

:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.