Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Many many years ago we had a load of itinerant scousers down here working on the Channel Tunnel. One night a few of us were in The Swan pub and someone happened to mention a mutual acquaintance who had done really well for himself. This chap had left school with no qualifications, no apparent skills or talent, but started off with an old barrow collecting scrap metal. Within a couple of years he had passed his driving test and bought an old Transit van.
When he had saved enough he paid the deposit on a fairly run down bungalow and did the entire renovations himself: bricklaying, plastering, all the electrics, etc. He made a monumental profit when he sold his bungalow and he moved on to bigger and better things. The guy is now a millionaire and owns property all over Kent.
We were discussing this one night, and we were all full of praise for the man. "Fair play. He's grafted all his life." That sort of thing.
One of the scousers happened to overhear us praising this enterprising, hard-working guy, and he called out: "Yeah? But I'll bet I could take his fucking eyes out with me knife!"

It showed the mentality of the man.

I lived in Kent from 1987 until 1992 at the peak of the channel tunnel building. It certainly was an interesting time with the huge influx of workers from all over the country.
Some mad stories. Most of the Paddys didn't bother with application forms or job interviews. They turned up, got digs, went into the local boozer and got talking to other Paddies and they got them on site. True story.

The BBC is going completely OTT over Littlewoods' Ben Doak, who has been called up to the provisional Scotland squad,

They called him the "Scottish shrek", which will put an absolutely ridiculous amount of pressure on the young lad

It’s completely unnecessary, IMHO.

The BBC is going completely OTT over Littlewoods' Ben Doak, who has been called up to the provisional Scotland squad,

They called him the "Scottish shrek", which will put an absolutely ridiculous amount of pressure on the young lad

2 league appearances for Celtic and 3 for the scousers and he's got into the national side?

I have heard all sorts of complete and utter bollocks Monday, Tuesday and this morning.
Sat there looking smug as they trotted out 115, Lance Armstrong, Klipperty leaving, viewing figures and on and on it went alongside their new found rag relatives.
Finally gave in and just said that we’ve been Champions now for 2 Olympic Games.
It hasn’t half wound the daft fuckers up!
It doesn’t even mean anything yet they’re all foaming at the mouth.
So now I am going to attempt to find out:
How many number 1’s there’s been since we were last not Champions.
Easy one of course is to claim there’s been a 115 charges - own that from now on.
I am going to become an even bigger pain in the arse than ever before - that really will take some doing!

I have heard all sorts of complete and utter bollocks Monday, Tuesday and this morning.
Sat there looking smug as they trotted out 115, Lance Armstrong, Klipperty leaving, viewing figures and on and on it went alongside their new found rag relatives.
Finally gave in and just said that we’ve been Champions now for 2 Olympic Games.
It hasn’t half wound the daft fuckers up!
It doesn’t even mean anything yet they’re all foaming at the mouth.
So now I am going to attempt to find out:
How many number 1’s there’s been since we were last not Champions.
Easy one of course is to claim there’s been a 115 charges - own that from now on.
I am going to become an even bigger pain in the arse than ever before - that really will take some doing!
Excellent!

Keep sticking it to them.

Wayne Sconey? (It's all in the pronunciation)

I lived in Kent from 1987 until 1992 at the peak of the channel tunnel building. It certainly was an interesting time with the huge influx of workers from all over the country.
Some mad stories. Most of the Paddys didn't bother with application forms or job interviews. They turned up, got digs, went into the local boozer and got talking to other Paddies and they got them on site. True story.
I like the Irish. Always up for the craic, and they really love their music. I don't know too many from Northern Ireland but the ones I've met from Dublin, Cork etc have been -to a man- fantastic people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.