Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

This is so true. The locals are so defensive about the place. Apparently everything is special, especially the sense of humour, but there is a total lack of self awareness. And they never forgave the scousers who made good and moved away. I worked there for seven years and never heard a positive word about Tarby and Cilla who had moved down south.
Lack of self awareness and good sense of humour do not go hand in hand in my book. For that reason I put self entitled scousers down as some of the unfunniest people around. Really really unfunny when someone tries to tell you how great, they, or their city are...Manc's very dry, self-deprecating humour (generally, we do have some arrogant knobs) wins hands down...

Lack of self awareness and good sense of humour do not go hand in hand in my book. For that reason I put self entitled scousers down as some of the unfunniest people around. Really really unfunny when someone tries to tell you how great, they, or their city are...Manc's very dry, self-deprecating humour (generally, we do have some arrogant knobs) wins hands down...

I've never found them funny and I worked with a lot over the years. Their humour is just taking the piss out of anybody who's not a scouser. It's a not humour it's mocking everyone else from a position of perceived superiority, a viewpoint only they hold.

This is so true. The locals are so defensive about the place. Apparently everything is special, especially the sense of humour, but there is a total lack of self awareness. And they never forgave the scousers who made good and moved away. I worked there for seven years and never heard a positive word about Tarby and Cilla who had moved down south.

Good old Cilla couldn't wait to get away and who could blame her? She also played the scousers like a fiddle. Relied heavily on her supposed quick scouse wit and warmth to make her fortune but couldn't really stand them or the place. She was supposedly a nasty bit of work away from the camera and was hated by British Airways staff for being rude, obnoxious and difficult.

Not sure any of us City fans give much of a shit about the breakdown of who watched what.

I only posted it to show the desperateness of the dippers to stay relevant.

Modern life and social media for you. Anyone can post absolute crap and it gains wings and becomes fact. I do actually believe the viewing figures were in our favour but as you say who actually gives a shit? I was at the game and that's all I cared about. As Tyler used to say, "It's liiiiiiiiiive!" And it certainly was.

It actually doesn’t, it evidences that nobody likes the ****, that’s a long way from giving a flying fuck about him.. !

He’s a detestable **** who was cancelled by our team and our manager …
Largely canceled. I have to divorce him from Liverpool and the surrounding brouhaha and see him as the individual.

I always found him quite an interesting and thoughtful person, especially when talking about football and indeed life, particularly when he was at Dortmund.

On the pitch, he produced wonderful teams at Dortmund and some very good teams at Liverpool, too. I don’t think his style of football could ever be sustained over multiple seasons, however, but we enjoyed thrilling spectacles when our two styles clashed. I also think Guardiola thrived having him as a sparring partner.

Largely canceled. I have to divorce him from Liverpool and the surrounding brouhaha and see him as the individual.

I always found him quite an interesting and thoughtful person, especially when talking about football and indeed life, particularly when he was at Dortmund.

On the pitch, he produced wonderful teams at Dortmund and some very good teams at Liverpool, too. I don’t think his style of football could ever be sustained over multiple seasons, however, but we enjoyed thrilling spectacles when our two styles clashed. I also think Guardiola thrived having him as a sparring partner.
I can’t disagree with anything you are saying mate, I just think he could have handled himself better and not made such a **** of himself all the time ..

Many many years ago we had a load of itinerant scousers down here working on the Channel Tunnel. One night a few of us were in The Swan pub and someone happened to mention a mutual acquaintance who had done really well for himself. This chap had left school with no qualifications, no apparent skills or talent, but started off with an old barrow collecting scrap metal. Within a couple of years he had passed his driving test and bought an old Transit van.
When he had saved enough he paid the deposit on a fairly run down bungalow and did the entire renovations himself: bricklaying, plastering, all the electrics, etc. He made a monumental profit when he sold his bungalow and he moved on to bigger and better things. The guy is now a millionaire and owns property all over Kent.
We were discussing this one night, and we were all full of praise for the man. "Fair play. He's grafted all his life." That sort of thing.
One of the scousers happened to overhear us praising this enterprising, hard-working guy, and he called out: "Yeah? But I'll bet I could take his fucking eyes out with me knife!"

It showed the mentality of the man.

I can’t disagree with anything you are saying mate, I just think he could have handled himself better and not made such a **** of himself all the time ..
How good would it be if he goes on to manage some other European club, who then meet Liverpool in CL semi final or final and beats them and knocks them out.
Not sure how the scousers would handle that one?

How good would it be if he goes on to manage some other European club, who then meet Liverpool in CL semi final or final and beats them and knocks them out.
Not sure how the scousers would handle that one?
He would defo go up massively in my estimation if that happened .. As long as we beat the twat in the final :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.