Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Gordon Davies made his debut for City.
And you tell young people today...

York.jpg

And they don't believe you.

I think when we look back we always seem to remember the good times and as a former Liverpool supporter that would apply to the likes of me more so than ever...
To be honest when I do look back now it’s not the things most on here would think I miss which is probably all those League titles and European cups. The things that bring a tear to my eye are.. going to the match with people who were the same as you.. read same Liverpool Echo.. bought same pair of shoes from Greaty Market which fell apart after three wears.. seeing the same faces at the ground especially away games.. dads walking to the match with there kids who had there tops on.. standing up at the ground and even the pie, sausage roll and cup of Bovril with not a minted lamb or prawn sandwich in sight. The winning was great make no mistake but it was never the be all and end all for me just like it’s not for clubs like Port Vale.. Rotherham or Scunthorpe and they love there Clubs as much as any City or Liverpool fan.
The old Maine Road was a highlight of the season for me.. the ground in the middle of terraced houses.. the pies and the old Platt Lane.. always had a pint before and after in the supporters club too.. don’t like to remind you but we always won there in the 1980s too with usually a good three or four past big Joe Corrigan without fail who went on to coach at Anfield too.. lost a semi to United there in 1985 too after a replay.. scary night that.
Like I say some might think the winning is everything and it does help but you must also protect the stuff I have mentioned.

I think when we look back we always seem to remember the good times and as a former Liverpool supporter that would apply to the likes of me more so than ever...
To be honest when I do look back now it’s not the things most on here would think I miss which is probably all those League titles and European cups. The things that bring a tear to my eye are.. going to the match with people who were the same as you.. read same Liverpool Echo.. bought same pair of shoes from Greaty Market which fell apart after three wears.. seeing the same faces at the ground especially away games.. dads walking to the match with there kids who had there tops on.. standing up at the ground and even the pie, sausage roll and cup of Bovril with not a minted lamb or prawn sandwich in sight. The winning was great make no mistake but it was never the be all and end all for me just like it’s not for clubs like Port Vale.. Rotherham or Scunthorpe and they love there Clubs as much as any City or Liverpool fan.
The old Maine Road was a highlight of the season for me.. the ground in the middle of terraced houses.. the pies and the old Platt Lane.. always had a pint before and after in the supporters club too.. don’t like to remind you but we always won there in the 1980s too with usually a good three or four past big Joe Corrigan without fail who went on to coach at Anfield too.. lost a semi to United there in 1985 too after a replay.. scary night that.
Like I say some might think the winning is everything and it does help but you must also protect the stuff I have mentioned.

I remember Clive the jive stopping the 80s winning streak ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.