Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
35,000 average attendance at Anfield in 1985?
Thought it would of been alot less after the ending to the 84/85 season you had.
Not your club's greatest year to be honest
To be fair all Clubs attendences were low.. in those days each club apart from maybe United had low attendences United just above 40k. football hooliganism was rife.. many working class towns and Cities has been ravaged by the Thatcher Goverment and football suffered too. Liverpool had there best season ever with a treble of League.. League Cup and Champions League but you could still pay on the day of the match and there were still plenty of seats empty apart from the really big games...
I think once SKY got involved it went global and football became a fashion accessory and the cool thing was to be associated to a successful brand then it all changed..
My point is simple.. what’s the point supporting a club if it no longer feels like your own.. like I say am hoping it doesn’t happen to you for a long long time but it’s inevitable given the modern fan.

I didn't think he was that bad tbh, at the time anyway. But it signs like he's been abusive and swearing at the official.

I hope this is PGMOL trying to cut descent and offensive language so they can then have live VAR in future.
With VAR players often hang around after a red, but I thought at the time that he'd get an extra charge, as he was really having a go at the ref.

If this is true (from BBC Gossip) they would be stupid not to accept as way way above what he is worth:
Al-Ittihad are ready to test Liverpool's resolve with a $162m (£129m) bid for Mohamed Salah, despite the Reds insisting the 31-year-old Egypt forward is not for sale
They're trying to up the price.
No way they turn down that kind of money.
It's Coutinho all over again.

I'll piss myself if they sell Salah after the transfer window closes after Klopp moaning about the Saudi window earlier in the year. And then act like they had no say in the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.