Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The imbecilic Littlewoods fan at work claimed today that van Dijkhead didn’t touch Isak at all; he got the ball.

As my dear old Dad used to say, there’s none so blind as those, who won’t see.
The dickhead is not alone. On RAWK they have a thread on VAR - following the sending of there were loads of the dickheads posting their self-deluding bollocks

I love how the self-entitled cunts convince each other that they are victims of a conspiracy - when deep down they must know that they are lying to themselves

An absolute, but increasingly irrelevant, cult

To be fair all Clubs attendences were low.. in those days each club apart from maybe United had low attendences United just above 40k. football hooliganism was rife.. many working class towns and Cities has been ravaged by the Thatcher Goverment and football suffered too. Liverpool had there best season ever with a treble of League.. League Cup and Champions League but you could still pay on the day of the match and there were still plenty of seats empty apart from the really big games...
I think once SKY got involved it went global and football became a fashion accessory and the cool thing was to be associated to a successful brand then it all changed..
My point is simple.. what’s the point supporting a club if it no longer feels like your own.. like I say am hoping it doesn’t happen to you for a long long time but it’s inevitable given the modern fan.
Can you me one industry or company that vaguely resembles what it was in 1985?

If it had done so, it simply wouldn’t have survived.

Why would football be any different?

You are aspiring to the impossible.

You will soon find out because City will lose its identity due to success just like Liverpool and United did during the day.. loss of identity is the price you pay for success unfortunately. You ask a Liverpool fan around Anfield on a match day who Ian Rush was.. what was the standing Kop and who Bill Shanks and Bob Paisley were and you will get a blank look... they will get there cameras out and carry on eating there minted lamb and prawn sandwiches... haha City have all this to look forward to... the kippax and Colin Bell will be a distant memory in 5 years time if you carry on winning.
None of this will happen while us FOC are around.. what the future holds is anyone’s guess but what a fuckin ride it’s been so far..
D35918B2-7CCF-4FB6-9DF1-29F8E1DF3A60.jpeg

Last edited:
If you are referring to the professional practise of law, it‘s changed beyond recognition since 1985, when it operated along much more regimented lines. It was inconceivable (for example) that barristers coups conduct litigation and be instructed by clients without solicitors being involved. Equally it would have been almost (but not quite) as inconceivable that solicitors would widely have rights of audience in the higher courts in the mid-’80s. Both professions have also changed hugely due to digital technology. Paper briefs have been replaced by digital ones with all the assorted changes that gives rise to.

I could go on. And it would be the same in any profession.

Football fans wanting a return to the world they remember (for better or worse) are the same as criminal barristers wanting a return to the age of Rumpole.

Completely deluded and bound to be disappointed. it’s akin to wishing the gun was uninvented.

Reactions: moh
If you are referring to the professional practise of law, it‘s changed beyond recognition since 1985, when it operated along much more regimented lines. It was inconceivable (for example) that barristers coups conduct litigation and be instructed by clients without solicitors being involved. Equally it would have been almost (but not quite) as inconceivable that solicitors would widely have rights of audience in the higher courts in the mid-’80s. Both professions have also changed hugely due to digital technology. Paper briefs have been replaced by digital ones with all the assorted changes that gives rise to.

I could go on. And it would be the same in any profession.

Football fans wanting a return to the world they remember (for better or worse) are the same as criminal barristers wanting a return to the age of Rumpole.

Completely deluded and bound to be disappointed. it’s akin to wishing the gun was uninvented.

1693383030078.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.