Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Imagine finishing Lask of the big clubs because you never expect Toulouse and end up playing USG instead of PSG on Thursday nights

It will be like Coutino all over again.

In the interest of FFP, just like Sponsorships are now evaluated players transfer fees should also be under the same scrutiny. We all know at 31 Salah is not worth 150m, no other countrie’s team could afford to pay anywhere that, it’s a false value at his age.

UEFA should state for example, the Dippers could get that money but for FFP purposes but the players value should be evaluated and counted as revenue at that price. What they do with the excess is up to the Dippers but they shouldn’t be allowed to subsidise their turnover with a false value.

What if Newcastle’s owners come for a player to transfer to the Saudi League, here you go, we’ll give you £150m for Anthony Gordon? So far it’s not happened, Newcastle’s owners are keeping their noses clean but the propensity to make FFP irrelevant is real.

Well that will be evaluated there is rules in ffp

If this is true I guess Klopp won’t be very impressed.
Klopp, who has lost Jordan Henderson and Fabinho to lucrative offers from the Middle East this summer, said: “I don’t know how long it will stay like that but the next two weeks will show how much of a challenge it is because, whatever happens then, no one can react any more. That is something Uefa or Fifa should have an eye on because we all have to protect the game.

“We are still a bit surprised by the activity from Saudi Arabia. I don’t know where it will lead to but it feels rather like a threat or a concern than not. I don’t see how we really deny it. The difference in contracts [being offered] is so big it will cause conflict 100%.”

So it's fine when they raid clubs for their players but totally wrong when it happens to them. Fuck off bingo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.