Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

It will be like Coutino all over again.

In the interest of FFP, just like Sponsorships are now evaluated players transfer fees should also be under the same scrutiny. We all know at 31 Salah is not worth 150m, no other countrie’s team could afford to pay anywhere that, it’s a false value at his age.

UEFA should state for example, the Dippers could get that money but for FFP purposes but the players value should be evaluated and counted as revenue at that price. What they do with the excess is up to the Dippers but they shouldn’t be allowed to subsidise their turnover with a false value.

What if Newcastle’s owners come for a player to transfer to the Saudi League, here you go, we’ll give you £150m for Anthony Gordon? So far it’s not happened, Newcastle’s owners are keeping their noses clean but the propensity to make FFP irrelevant is real.
Do we as City fans see any value in FFP? The way it is implemented was just a cynical exercise to maintain the existing cartel.

I do think that money in football is out of control but the current iteration of FFP is not the answer.

There's no way this is true.
£150 million for a 31 Yr old. Wow

Is he better than Rhian Brewster?
Mate..he’s even better than Solanke…

(But seriously, I’ve never seen anyone go past people like this kid does. Ever. Hope he has better hamstrings than Owen)

Crazy fee for him, don’t hear them moaning about Saudi money again, surely 150 million for his age and form distorts the market But as its in their favour it wont be mentioned.
If we got offered 150 million by a Saudi club, PL and UEFA be drafting brand new rules on FFP.
Dippers be mad to turn this down if another bud comes in
£500m for Haaland? £200m for Kev?

FSG must be gutted
They know they could get £200m for him, but they can’t replace him and it’s too late
I think Saudi are doing this like Madrid with mbappe last year
It’s for the headlines not the player
They could have done this a month ago, why today on deadline day
Especially when the Saudi deadline is 3 weeks away

£500m for Haaland? £200m for Kev?

Joking apart the authorities need to do something, if they can. You can't allow a club with unlimited wealth to just sign all its leagues best players. They brought ffp in to stop ourselves doing this so they need to get their act together quickly.

It's a seeded draw where you can't draw your home country, it's not some great conspiracy presented as random.
Not quite. Seeded by pots system. So part random. If a draw comes up which is against the rules, they move the drawn team to the next section. But I’m not convinced hot balls are not used.

Reactions: PPT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.