Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
May have been said but hilarious how they were buzzing when they shipped off the likes of Henderson for 10x his value to Saudi Arabia which funds their last transfer window but that's all above board. Noult going on with their club legend managing the club and pay over the odds for him.

Now all of a sudden all the middle east money is corrupt and dirty.

Mr Spitty saying that in 10 years of doing his sky punditry he has never discussed a decision more. Why the fuck didn't they discuss last season's shitshow against the rags when they were allowed a goal against us that was so far offside every City player stopped. It was a far worse decision than the Liverpool goal.
Because it was on BT?

The disallowed goal was 100% wrong, but for me the red card was correct. Gary Neville's "he wasn't trying to do him" means nowt, it's irrelevant. Nowadays the players have a duty of care to each other and Jones had no control over the challenge he made.

The ref was actually quite consistent throughout with a strict approach to foul challenges. Exactly what we don't get when we play, as our opponents are allowed to do whatever we want in order to give them a chance.

If we had a ref like the one they had yesterday whenever we played them at Anfield, we'd have won every match there since Pep joined.
Didnt see or hear Nevilles comments but I did see the challenge during the game.....it was a foul but it wasnt deliberate and not much force either...he wasnt out of control and wildly going in Vinnie Jones style. He is stretching for the ball which means by default that he cant be going in full force as to do that you would have to be stamping down on him.He contacts the ball and his foot slips over the top of it...slow it down and freeze frame it it looks a lot worse than it is.....

Nah. I watched it a few times. It was totally accidental.
That doesn't matter - I agree he didn't mean it, but when you make that kind of movement you need to be sure. He missed proper contact with the ball by miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.