Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't matter - I agree he didn't mean it, but when you make that kind of movement you need to be sure. He missed proper contact with the ball by miles.
Red for me all day.
Fuck Neville and his bleating "he didn't mean it".
Nobody said he did mean it but it was a dangerous challenge.
People going on about the amount of force used, seems won't be happy until they see a compound fracture whilst eating their tea

Didnt see or hear Nevilles comments but I did see the challenge during the game.....it was a foul but it wasnt deliberate and not much force either...he wasnt out of control and wildly going in Vinnie Jones style. He is stretching for the ball which means by default that he cant be going in full force as to do that you would have to be stamping down on him.He contacts the ball and his foot slips over the top of it...slow it down and freeze frame it it looks a lot worse than it is.....

Are you able to go for the ball and somehow only connect with the top of it, bouncing off the ball into someone's leg, while being in control of the challenge?

I'd say it all adds up to not being in control. And when you see the bend of the defender's leg, it suggests there's enough force to cause serious damage.

I dont think it was deliberate, but it doesn't have to be any more. Remember when Kompany got sent off for his foul on Rooney when he didn't even make any contact??

Their clamour to hear the audio is basically their only way of prolonging the inevitable.

If and when the audio is released, and it says that he’s clearly offside, so check complete, we’ll be no further on.

They'll hear that and do fuck all with it as there’s nothing to be done with it.

This is the equivalent of a player rolling round on the floor allowing the VAR more time to look at a penalty that won’t be given.

They fucked up. You lost. Hard lines.

Their clamour to hear the audio is basically their only way of prolonging the inevitable.

If and when the audio is released, and it says that he’s clearly offside, so check complete, we’ll be no further on.

They'll hear that and do fuck all with it as there’s nothing to be done with it.

This is the equivalent of a player rolling round on the floor allowing the VAR more time to look at a penalty that won’t be given.

They fucked up. You lost. Hard lines.

I doubt it's about that. Like most cults they need to develop a betrayal myth. Herr Klopp is taking a leaf out of the Austrian Artist's playbook to get himself back in the CL places and Europa League final.

I doubt it's about that. Like most cults they need to develop a betrayal myth. Herr Klopp is taking a leaf out of the Austrian Artist's playbook to get himself back in the CL places and Europa League final.
Maybe, but there’s not anything else they can do to keep their appeal active.

Whilst they’re obviously trying to get referees to think twice about giving decisions against them moving forwards, I hope some of the refs get angry with them throwing England under a bus and give more decisions against them.

Last edited:

Whilst they’re obviously trying to get referees to think twice about giving decisions against them moving forwards, I hope some of the refs get angry with the, throwing England under a bus and give more decisions against them.

Of course they're reaction is OTT but they are right to kick off. If VAR isn't used properly then it shouldn't be used at all, I made a long post in here the other day.

Frankly I don't see why referees and VAR have to be the same profession. VAR is the independent audit. I'd also pay top class referees more and force them into an exclusivity contract apart from UEFA competitions or international weeks. The premier league has plenty of money to pay players so officials need a higher base salary.

There's no reason for daft gits to go off to the middle east to pick up more cash .

You don't need people who experience of refereeing or running the line to judge if it's offside, you just need someone to look at the screen competently and draw a line. It's probably something AI could do effectively to a high accuracy rate.

The current crop of PL referees is full of wankers hanging on to jobs for boys. There can only be one Peter Walton popping up to bore you during play so the incompetent fat blokes have to linger like bad smells.

I'd sell the lot of them to Saudi on the proviso they can't come back.

Whilst they’re obviously trying to get referees to think twice about giving decisions against them moving forwards, I hope some of the refs get angry with the, throwing England under a bus and give more decisions against them.

Agreed. The Liverpool statement is clearly about dragging this out as long as possible, including the ridiculous red card appeal.

They know the match isn’t going to get replayed. They know the red card isn’t going to be overturned. They know the VAR audio when it is released shortly, is just going to be a load of incoherent shite, same as all the audio in the Mic’d Up programme.

But by the time it does all eventually die down, there aim is to have it in-bedded in every officials head that Liverpool are the most hard done by team in history and subconsciously they are due one.

Of course they're reaction is OTT but they are right to kick off. If VAR isn't used properly then it shouldn't be used at all, I made a long post in here the other day.

Frankly I don't see why referees and VAR have to be the same profession. VAR is the independent audit. I'd also pay top class referees more and force them into an exclusivity contract apart from UEFA competitions or international weeks. The premier league has plenty of money to pay players so officials need a higher base salary.

There's no reason for daft gits to go off to the middle east to pick up more cash .

You don't need people who experience of refereeing or running the line to judge if it's offside, you just need someone to look at the screen competently and draw a line. It's probably something AI could do effectively to a high accuracy rate.

The current crop of PL referees is full of wankers hanging on to jobs for boys. There can only be one Peter Walton popping up to bore you during play so the incompetent fat blokes have to linger like bad smells.

I'd sell the lot of them to Saudi on the proviso they can't come back.
I suggested in an earlier post today that the VAR officials in Stockley Park may be less invested because they aren’t living the game physically. They're used to running and making snap decisions.

VAR refereeing is totally different. They're watching playbacks and using their LOTG knowledge to make decisions. We’d be better off if these people were judges in a way. Interpret law and pass judgement.

Having said all that, we are where we are here. Liverpool are rightly aggrieved at a terrible decision. It doesn’t mean that anything will change and they aren’t getting a replay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.