Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
As has been said on Bluemoon many times, by me, and many others, the communication over VAR reviews should be played over loudspeaker to the stadium, and therefore, the world, so that everyone knows what is going on, just like they do in both rugby codes and cricket.

That way, everybody knows where they stand, and what’s going on.

They need to mic up the refs so we can hear the process. I think that would help appease people. They're human, they make mistakes and sometimes they just need to be heard. They do it in rugby and it works really well. In this Rugby World Cup there have been bad decisions, inconsistencies and mistakes. One ref apologised to a team because he'd stopped play when they were about to go on and score, but he thought there was no advantage so blew early. The players generally treat them with respect. Any dissent is punished with a penalty, and they will bring that 10 metres forward if it continues.

In cricket there's umpire's call. A ball can be shown to be clipping the stumps but would be not out if the umpire didn't give it originally. There's a margin of error in the technology and as the ball never actually hits the stumps they deem that to be the fair process. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. You get on with it.

The Liverpool game had a collection of decisions you would feel hard done by. Jones' sending off was harsh. Jota's was another, although when he's on a yellow he should have been more careful so I'm less sympathetic there. Then they lose to a last minute goal which obviously stings more when you see you should have been ahead in the game.

But these things have happened before and will continue to do so. It would help if we heard the communication. I would like to see the refs called to the monitor and shown full speed footage at times. Anything slowed down looks bad. But failing that, in rugby you hear the conversation. The ref will ask the team to show different angles and footage and then ask them if he's making the right conclusion. They look for mitigation. Was Jones' mitigation the fact he rolled over the top of the ball, I'd say so. I don't think that's a red card. It's a contact sport and you have to allow for the fact that sometimes mistakes will be made, which are bad but not intentional or violent.

We were on the wrong end of a decision which can't be reviewed. It's clear as day the ref had the intention of booking Hwang until he realised who it was and that he'd already been booked. That sticks out as a sore one because we lost the game, and he scored the winner when he shouldn't have been on the pitch. But I can also understand a ref not wanting to send players off when they commit silly fouls, and not everything needs to be a yellow. There just needs to be consistency. Walker got booked and then fouled in much the same way, but the Wolves player wasn't booked.

I've been wondering all weekend why this VAR decision was being regarded as the WORST EVER in the history of VAR referrals and as soon as St Jamie of Carragher weighed in with his jaundiced fourthpennorth it finally dawned on me! Won't be long before the Dippers are agitating for a rule change that allows them to referee their matches and have the VAR shed stuffed with the ghosts of Cilla Black, Arthur Askey, Ken Dodd, Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley with Michael Owen's hand on the Var button.

It's incomprehensible to me that fans of every club in the Prem (and probably other leagues, I don't know because I don't take much interest in them) feel they have been fucked over by pgmol at one time or another. All of us have experienced being on the receiving end of some mind-boggling decision because of the sheer inconsistencies with Prem referees. But Webb and his cronies are basically saying to everyone: "No. You're all wrong. We at pgmol are right."

We see an opponent (usually a rag or a dipper) in his own penalty area deliberately push the ball away and we justifiably shout for a penalty: the ref says no. He is saying that the handball did not happen. But replays clearly show the defender handle the ball in his own penalty area. Tough luck, you're not getting a penalty because pgmol is always right.

You come away from the ground absolutely fuming because once again your team has been shafted for one reason or another by the very organisation that was set up to ensure fair play on the pitch in the first place.
You cannot appeal, you cannot ask for an explanation, and you most certainly cannot approach the referee as he struts off the pitch with an arrogant smirk on his face, knowing he personally has fucked your entire day up and you can do nothing, absolutely nothing, about it.

Pigmol, right.
Every single supporter in the universe, wrong.

Can @Moderating Team change the name of the thread to LiVARpool please?

Ric and the Mods don’t want to drop to RAWK’s level apparently.

How you drop any further than that for a thread title is pretty much impossible.(below)

But there‘s lots of wiggle room to be match it or to be slightly above it.

Just to call the thread Liverpool is disrespectful to City and City fans after what FSH, LFC and the cult have done to City and City fans since Sheikh Mansour bought the club.

062DF825-1683-4053-9C9E-7F36CE30F22C.jpeg

As for getting the thread title changed, I wouldn’t hold your breath PB. It isn’t happening.

Lpool putting in place ‘favourable decisions’ going forward.
How many decisions have been questioned yet this is, according to a Liverpool fan, the “worsted ever”
Look at the lpool goal v West Ham a few seasons ago Milner was a yard offside when he crossed it right in front of the liner!
So glad someone posted this because that cross after being 5 yards offside to set Mane up really pissed me off.
The pundits excuse was the linesman was too close to Milner to realise.
#Uckfield off dippers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.