Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Are you able to go for the ball and somehow only connect with the top of it, bouncing off the ball into someone's leg, while being in control of the challenge?

I'd say it all adds up to not being in control. And when you see the bend of the defender's leg, it suggests there's enough force to cause serious damage.

I dont think it was deliberate, but it doesn't have to be any more. Remember when Kompany got sent off for his foul on Rooney when he didn't even make any contact??
Get the bit about deliberate and we agree it wasnt

I dont remember the RooneyKompany incident but its pretty irrelevant whatever it was considering the rule changes.
I personally believe that the bar has been set too low regarding physical challenges and for me its just encouraging players more and more to try and get opponents sent off...which for me spoils the game no matter what as a spectacle

Im not disgareeing with your interpritation of what happened but the excessive force bar/bit is set too high for me and that doesnt meet it. He goes through the ball and over the top in a clear attempt to play the ball which he does...Im not sure that is out of control......two footed off the ground is out of control or diving in from range is out of control or as I said your Vinnie Jones and also Rooney who you mentioned...they were often out of control in challenges.

I dont want to stick up for the scousers but that refereeing was terrible at the weekend and I think it was the same ref that didnt give the foul by Ohnana in the Wolves/Utd game in the first game of the season (could be wrong)

Is this bloke for real? Having the Hillsborough disaster being taught in schools and added to the National Curriculum?

''Hey son, how did you get on with your O' Levels?''
''A mixed bag, dad, shit in maths, level 2 in English and geography but top marks on Hilsborough''
The use of the terms victims has NEVER been about Hilsborough for me

Its about the fact that they present themselves as vicitims at every point and nnot just in footballing circles but scousers in general.

Is this bloke for real? Having the Hillsborough disaster being taught in schools and added to the National Curriculum?

''A mixed bag, dad, shit in maths, level 2 in English and geography but top marks on Hilsborough''

“Bloody hell in my day we did the traditional subjects like reading, writing & Heysel.”

What was out of control about it in your opinion considering he makes clear contact on the ball first?
His foot is over the top of the ball, at best he’s brushed the top of the ball, but landed studs first in his opponents leg. As I said, not malicious, but definitely out of control. If he was in control then it would be a deliberate nasty foul and a red card anyway.

He's the very definition of a populist politician.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.