Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

What gets me is all that shite you get on forums, the conspiracy theories, the accusations of brown envelopes, all the bollocks certain fans talk.. That got into the news with the news reports about the refs visit to the middle east just before the LFC/Spurs game..

That sort of shite is normally left to Twitter or forum talk, because it is usually bollocks. Not with LFC.
That's the thing - all these conspiracy theories that the PL want to see City win the league at the expense of LFC.
Yet when I ask them if the PL want City to win the title as their favourite team, why have the PL spent 4 years investigating City, hit us with 115 charges and a threat of points deduction / relegation?

I am greeted by the sound of silence......

I am sorry if I lump all Liverpool fans together but it is difficult not to when, at the age of 63, and working with seven Liverpool supporters, having attended every City v Liverpool game for 45 years, drank before matches in the Arkles pub and over that time only spoken to one honest dipper fan. He was a bloke on the same snooker team as me and I had a spare ticket for the league cup semi at Maine Road (Alf Gray in 1981). After about an hour he told me how embarrassed he was at how biased the referee was. One fan! As a matter of interest do you think you receive more decisions than go against you?

Some comments from the BBC put forward by knowledgeable Dippers, ha ha.
1 decision has gone against them and this is where we are!
  1. Paul: I hated the Tottenham game and the referee was definitely a rival supporter. After the bookings and the goal that never was but actually was, the referee wouldn’t even let us play on after Szoboszlai was fouled, had gotten up, and Endo was on the attack. I would say they should just add the goal on now, so the score is 2-2.
    Andy: The game should be replayed. No other possible outcome for this debacle. If it's not replayed and Liverpool miss out on the Champions League by a point, for instance, will they be able to claim millions from the FA and refereeing bodies?

Maz: The game should definitely be replayed. This is the second time Spurs have won this season through a VAR wrong decision. Spurs should offer to replay the match but they won't because they won't want to risk losing three points they shouldn't have.
    Alan: This was such a clear and obvious error that it must be rectified to a just and equitable result. Clearly the game cannot be replayed as that would cause all sorts of issues with fixture congestion and player fatigue etc. However, four goals were scored and that would've resulted in a 2-2 draw, which would be a fairer result for both sides.

Not quite sure how that would be fairer for Spurs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.