Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than wearing the wrong colour shirt, how was the Akanji 2nd yellow and different to the Konate foul?

Both virtually exactly the same foul in almost the same place on the pitch.

So frustrating how inconsistent referees are
Was going to post that same comment. A perfect example of how the game has changed today. Both Konate & Akanji, the slightest of pulls on a shirt or touch of a shoulder and down they go. (Yes very Salah-esque) Personally I thought neither were worthy of yellows and theirefore neither warranted a sending off.
Surprisingly for a derby I thought it fairly dull. No really really full on tackles. Everton little threat but well drilled by Dyche. Even after Young got sent off (2 worthy yellows perhaps) Everton kept to their shape and kept us to pot shots. Defence & Midfield still a problem and our position doesnt show how mediocre I thinkwe are. Only saved by our attack.

Other than wearing the wrong colour shirt, how was the Akanji 2nd yellow and different to the Konate foul?

Both virtually exactly the same foul in almost the same place on the pitch.

So frustrating how inconsistent referees are
Dippers reaping the benefit of the recent whinging. Klopp may have been mocked for his replay demands but their victim playing undoubtedly was a big factor in how the derby was ref'd and arguably got them a win rather than a draw.

Dippers reaping the benefit of the recent whinging. Klopp may have been mocked for his replay demands but their victim playing undoubtedly was a big factor in how the derby was ref'd and arguably got them a win rather than a draw.

Can't stand Klopp but what he said in his press conference if you watched it all was if I was a supporter I'd want a replay

Fucking BRILLANT question.

The look of absolute incredulity on Klopp's face is priceless.
To be honest, much as I dislike Klopp, I though it was a snide and unprofessional question from the hack. Taunting someone just to get a clickbait response is everything that is wrong with the football media. A good reporter would have a more subtle approach. This is why so many football reporters are incapable of actually tracking down proper news stories and one of the reasons why mainstream media is on its last legs.

To be honest, much as I dislike Klopp, I though it was a snide and unprofessional question from the hack. Taunting someone just to get a clickbait response is everything that is wrong with the football media. A good reporter would have a more subtle approach. This is why so many football reporters are incapable of actually tracking down proper news stories and one of the reasons why mainstream media is on its last legs.
Klopp needed calling out on his hypocrisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.