Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool have a great squad so surely will be challenging later in the season.

Not gonna lie, the dippers midfield and front line are dynamic as fuck unfortunately! They lack squad depth though abd a couple of key injuries will have them in trouble. Salah will unfortunately move to Saudi probably next summer for at least £150m and arm them twats with a big summer war chest again

Some cocky/deluded Scouse fan on 606 said no doubt in his mind Liverpool will romp the league, they're by far best side in league and City don't have "the bottle" to win the title again after achieving the treble...adamant that we'll have a drop off. Something else that lot are. Remind me who bottled the league last 4 times out of last 5 and two Champions League + a Europa finals. Mentality monsters indeed.
Anyone who accuses this group of players of lacking bottle after what they achieved in 2018/19, 2021/22 and last season has zero grip on reality.

Starting to get excited. Klopp has done an incredible job with his midfield rebuild. 4 players for under 150m.

We got Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Gravenbach and Endo for the same price as the rags paid for Mount and Antony

I honestly think we are about to leave the rest behind and be the main challenger again.
You'll be right up there, although a couple of injures could see your challenge fall short. It's going to be an interesting season especially with spurs and arsenal also in the mix.

Breaking news: (ex) Liverpool fan would like to go back to the 80s. No shit Sherlock!
Nothing at all to do with trophies won either..
Football was well better.. tackling.. not infested with overseas players.. nowhere near as much diving.. no imaginary red and yellow cards held up by players. No VAR.. proper personalities.. no players being bigger than there clubs.. fans being able to relate to players on the pitch.. no prawn sandwich brigade.. proper bovril and sausage roll instead of minted lamb burgers.. fans traveling to games on the bus instead of BMW and Mercedes and proper pundits like Rodney Marsh.. Big Ron from Old Swan and Cloughie instead of a forced ex woman footballer who is basically only there to tick a box and so they meet the discrimination rules... SKY controlling and monopolising the game and dictating when you play football matches hardly any 3 o'clock kick offs..
Like I say football was well better in the day.

Not been to Anfield for a few years, and in my 30s and 40s I always went to City games there as a corporate guest, which shields you from all that. But went there in the City end a few times in my late teens and early 20s and it was always really edgy.

Although the most scrapping I saw at an away game on Merseyside was after the League Cup quarter final against Everton in the 1987/8 season.
Absolute chaos that night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.