Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to get excited. Klopp has done an incredible job with his midfield rebuild. 4 players for under 150m.

We got Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Gravenbach and Endo for the same price as the rags paid for Mount and Antony

I honestly think we are about to leave the rest behind and be the main challenger again.

no it isnt football fans, its liverpool fans, whenever there is trouble who is the common denominator
Your insane to think its just Liverpool fans who have caused trouble. Will let you off if you are 15 years of age.. ask your older supporters what it was like going to matches in the 70s and 80s.. West ham.. Millwall.. Chelsea and Leeds spring to mind..
Like I say I think its education..

Never found The Dell particularly bad in my personal experience, saw City at Southampton's old ground a few times, absolute shit hole though. Now, The Den on the other hand and The New Den they certainly were 'edgy', especially that game in the 3rd tier in 98.
Talking of going in home ends, I went in the home end against West Ham at Upton Park in the early 90s when we got a last minute winner there,.Couldn't actually sit on my hands as I was standing so had to shove them in my pockets!!
Getting back to the actual thread, ever since I've been going to matches Liverpool have always had one of the most unpleasant , toxic fan bases. Most opposing fans no matter who they support tend to agree with this, but the media just don't seem to (or choose not to) accept this!
To be honest I would take it as a bit of a badge of honour if fans from other clubs found my home stadium hostile and uncomfortable as for me that’s the whole idea.. Wimbledon used it to full advantage back in the day and nobody epitomises it more than Millwall.. I would love to know how many point the old Den earned its team over the years.
Just to add when I used to go away through the 70s.. 80s and 90s one of my fav away games was City at the old Maine Road.. we used to turn up.. drink in whatever pub we wanted around the ground.. pies were superb and most importantly of all we were guaranteed walking away with three points without even really having to try for them and big Joe Corrigan was always on our Xmas card list, it was such a lovely fixture..but hey.. if you would rather have that than creating a hostile atmosphere each to there own.

2Bh_uu.gif

They clearly look much better than they were last season. But they still don't have a good defensive midfield player. Mac Allister is poor there from a defensive point of view. Endo clearly not at the level required when up against the better sides. Put a Rice in that side and they would be our biggest threat once again.

Your insane to think its just Liverpool fans who have caused trouble. Will let you off if you are 15 years of age.. ask your older supporters what it was like going to matches in the 70s and 80s.. West ham.. Millwall.. Chelsea and Leeds spring to mind..
Like I say I think its education..

He’s clearly on about the stade de France which continues to sell out without trouble except when ticketless fans turn up…… but you can’t say that.

its okay mate any liverpool fans claim your insane if you make valid factual points that counterbalance their percieved victim status
Apparantly Liverpool were offered paper tickets for the Final in Paris but instead asked for those tickets you get on your phone.. don’t know which Madrid asked for.
Like I say all about education and culture.. it’s no coincidence history wise there have mostly been problems surrounding football rather than other sports which in some cases have bigger attendences.

Never found The Dell particularly bad in my personal experience, saw City at Southampton's old ground a few times, absolute shit hole though. Now, The Den on the other hand and The New Den they certainly were 'edgy', especially that game in the 3rd tier in 98.
Talking of going in home ends, I went in the home end against West Ham at Upton Park in the early 90s when we got a last minute winner there,.Couldn't actually sit on my hands as I was standing so had to shove them in my pockets!!
Getting back to the actual thread, ever since I've been going to matches Liverpool have always had one of the most unpleasant , toxic fan bases. Most opposing fans no matter who they support tend to agree with this, but the media just don't seem to (or choose not to) accept this!
Haha! Sorry mate it was a typo - meant to post the Den! :-)
I went to the infamous 12 Dec 1987 League Game at the Den -my Birthday and Alcock’s ridiculous Interstellar winning goal -a huge fraca at London Bridge Station after

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.