Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
His Dad and his Uncle's took him to Goodison on occasion as they were Evertonians.
The only time I've heard him mention this in interview, he was at pains to add : -
"but I just support Liverpool teams, both of them".
Maybe Brian Epstein told them to keep schtum about football and not upset anybody ?
The Beatles apparently went to both the Liverpool/Leeds & Everton/Sheff Wednesday FA Cup Finals in 65/66 so must have had a bit of interest.
Story goes, in 1966, Liverpool has won the League, Everton had won the Cup and the Beatles were the biggest band in the world.
A local vicar posed the question on a board outside his church: What would you do if God came to Liverpool?
Under which some wag wrote...
Move St John out wide.

Diogo Jota is a clever bloke, just saw him interviewed and asked how he accounts for Liverpool’s start this season v last and he answered without once mentioning asthma or PED’s. There was a radio program my dad used to listen to on the radio where you had to talk a minute about a subject without mentioning certain words, Jota a natural

Last edited:
Think we were all lucky Chelsea spent most of the time in Division 2 otherwise they would of almost certainly been banned given the behaviour of there fans during the 1980s...
I was at Hysel can’t remember seeing any Chelsea fans mind you but there was a heavy contingent of cockney reds.. having said that.. it was always the case when we played in London or on the Continent in those days.
I don't think a dipper fan can judge tge behaviour of any football fans do you

Diogo Jota is a clever bloke, just saw him interviewed and asked how he accounts for Liverpool’s start this season v last and he answered without once mentioning asthma or PED’s. There was a radio program my dad used to listen to on the radio where you had to talk a minute about a subject without mentioning certain words, Jota a natural
And no supporters club coach windows bricked

You realise you’re going against the views of the LFC chairman as he quite clearly blamed Chelsea, NF & any fucker but you lot.

In fact it appears in his mind you were victims & it wasn’t your fault.
Yeah heard about the different stories and also different peoples opinions which they are entitled to however I can only speak from experience as somebody who was there that fateful night.

John Smith, your chairman at the time of Heysel, said “there were lots of southern accents in the stands” and he alleged chelsea fans were behind the trouble. Listen to any of the phone ins in 5 live or talk shite and you’ll hear more liverpool “fans” with southern than scouse accents.

Bruce Grobelaar, your keeper at the time, said there were loads of liverpool and Milwall fans behind the trouble.

Mark Lawrenson on a tv programme I watched about Heysel said it was disgusting that Heysel was a forgotten event tgat was never referred to and had seemingly been “airbrushed from history” and to be fair to him he didn’t lay any of the blame with chelsea fans
Like I have said previously.. yes lots of southern accents around that night but that was always the case when Liverpool played in London or abroad, cockney reds always came in numbers. My question is unless these people came in Chelsea or Millwall colours.. sang Chelsea or Millwall songs while they were there.. brought flags or banners with them to display at the match or failing that went around telling everyone they were fans of Chelsea or Millwall then how would anyone know they were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.