Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the older blues who can remember livarpool in div 2 and a average team in it,shankley took over and was bank rolled by the Littlewood’s family(pools)broke the British transfer record while still a mid table division 2team but they forget to tell you that and when you mention it to them there minds cannot recall anything
CITD
And when Shankly retired they turned their backs on him.

I still hate them from the game at Maine Rd when we were on our way to a creditable 0-0 draw. The ball went out for a corner to us but Lawrenson jogged over the line and dragged it back onto the pitch from about a metre out and the ref ignored all our shouts and let them play on. A few seconds later it was in the back of our net and they won 1-0. Cheating bastards.
It was ever thus. I am still not over Alf Grey disallowing a perfectly good Kevin Reeves goal in 1st leg League Cup Dec 1980 vs that shower of shyyte* which eventually led to them winning LC 4 times consecutively. We were robbed, not ironic whatsoever considering our opposition.

I absolutely loathe them.

Did anyone else notice that during the autopsy of their former captain’s hilariously failed and hypocritical move to Saudi that the Saudi club are saying his transfer fee was just £4m. Liverpool claim it to be £12m.

Liverpool FC lying again. Who’d have guessed. I’m assuming the £8m shortfall will be scrutinised by the media..
And he deferred wages to avoid paying UK tax, typical virtue signalling wanker.

from rawk, not me..
The hypocrisy in the last sentence is....well...

As a few of us have said on here, if they wanted to brush this under the carpet, they'd have hit them with a £100m fine and a one window transfer ban or such like - not only have they charged them with 115 breaches, they've hit Everton with a 10pt'r, charged them again the following season and now charged Forest, they're laying the groundwork for the punishments.

The other 17 clubs (maybe 18 if the Russian gangster no longer has any ownership of Chelsea and the Saudis aren't in too deep) will fucking kick off if ADFC get away with it. LFC, MU, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa etc aren't going to shuffle off quietly, especially the likes of Villa on the brink of CL football in 24/25

The likes of Everton need to remember ADFC have robbed them of CL football and places in the league and therefore a few million in prize money
And Liverpool robbed all English clubs of 5 years of European football.

When they bought Ron Yeats and Ian St. John back in 1961 - the moment Shankly said changed Liverpool FC forever, they'd just finished 3rd in the Championship.

This would be the equivalent of Luton Town buying Erling Haaland and Virgil van Dijk last summer but having LOST the play-off final and still being in the Championship. Just let that sink in.

When they bought Ron Yeats and Ian St. John back in 1961 - the moment Shankly said changed Liverpool FC forever, they'd just finished 3rd in the Championship.

This would be the equivalent of Luton Town buying Erling Haaland and Virgil van Dijk last summer but having LOST the play-off final and still being in the Championship. Just let that sink in.
This is exactly it, I argue with so many southern Liverpool fans re this - they are clueless - not realizing a) who Ron Yeats was b) That their success in the 70's was built on a huge investment that no one could match- organic growth ' the proper way..my arse

I still hate them from the game at Maine Rd when we were on our way to a creditable 0-0 draw. The ball went out for a corner to us but Lawrenson jogged over the line and dragged it back onto the pitch from about a metre out and the ref ignored all our shouts and let them play on. A few seconds later it was in the back of our net and they won 1-0. Cheating bastards.
I was at Maine Road for a City v Liverpool League Cup game in 1981 (I think). Liverpool got a dubious free kick, city offered a 4 or 5 man defensive wall. I was right behind our goal when the kick was taken. Little Sammy Lee ran behind our wall and dragged two players out of the line leaving a cap for the ball which went in. We lost 0-1 (but drew the second leg). I noticed the ref looked at the linesman who just shrugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.