Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they bought Ron Yeats and Ian St. John back in 1961 - the moment Shankly said changed Liverpool FC forever, they'd just finished 3rd in the Championship.

This would be the equivalent of Luton Town buying Erling Haaland and Virgil van Dijk last summer but having LOST the play-off final and still being in the Championship. Just let that sink in.
Lived there for 5 years in the 80s.I didnt have a pot to piss in when I got there but have to say the people were great to me, life long friends some of them.

Got in scrapes for being a Manc a couple of times but I could always count on some rather interesting characters to "look after" their Manc mate.

That said, I was at one of those famous Anfield European nights v Dundalk early 80s..... along with 11999 others.

I was at Maine Road for a City v Liverpool League Cup game in 1981 (I think). Liverpool got a dubious free kick, city offered a 4 or 5 man defensive wall. I was right behind our goal when the kick was taken. Little Sammy Lee ran behind our wall and dragged two players out of the line leaving a cap for the ball which went in. We lost 0-1 (but drew the second leg). I noticed the ref looked at the linesman who just shrugged.
Ray Kennedy (who was a fine footballer, dodgy geezer though) strolled in at the far post to score, we deserved to win that game, that tie, and was still a crossbar (Dave Bennett header ) away from still going through, wankers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.