Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool are achieving way above my expectations and have managed to stumble into a place where they have a functional midfield after being turned down by their first choices Caciedo and Lavia. Klopp is being portrayed as some sort of genius for rebuilding their midfield but, if he had got his way, Henderson and Fabinho would have still been wheezing around their midfield. Certainly they have nothing to touch our first choice three (Rodri, Bernado and KdB for me).
If we can keep the likes of Stones, KdB and Haaland fit and tighten up the defence then I expect us to be neck and neck with them for the next couple of months and then for us to pull ahead as their inexperience and desparation start to tell.
Lots of wildcards though - they are building a narrative that they are hard done by by the officials, VAR etc. which will probably get them half a dozen undeserved points by May.
They are the turd that won't flush.

Its the hope that will kill them , and its lovely :)
It is indeed.....I recall last season being all excited when you lot were 2 down against Villa. But tyhen its the ever present hope that is why we love the game.
Liverpool are achieving way above my expectations and have managed to stumble into a place where they have a functional midfield after being turned down by their first choices Caciedo and Lavia. Klopp is being portrayed as some sort of genius for rebuilding their midfield but, if he had got his way, Henderson and Fabinho would have still been wheezing around their midfield. Certainly they have nothing to touch our first choice three (Rodri, Bernado and KdB for me).
If we can keep the likes of Stones, KdB and Haaland fit and tighten up the defence then I expect us to be neck and neck with them for the next couple of months and then for us to pull ahead as their inexperience and desparation start to tell.
Lots of wildcards though - they are building a narrative that they are hard done by by the officials, VAR etc. which will probably get them half a dozen undeserved points by May.
They are the turd that won't flush.
I have to agree with everything, certainly exceeded where i thought we would be. I look at the fact that you lot are only in effect 2 points behind us and you have been without KDB & (Haaland) for most of season so far. Now back I do expect another typical City winning run which will make for another exciting finish. I do think Liverpool have got away with so much this season without a proper holding player. Endo or MacAllister certainly are not the solutions. Sadly for us I see similarities with Keegans Newcastle in that we are all about trying to outscore the opposition...and look how that ended up with the Rags grinding out their long wining runs (like you have done year in year out)
Obviously I would love it, yes, love it, if we could be well clear in the last week of the season, but that would deprive everyone of another edge of the seat last day.

Salah to return to Liverpool to do his rehab but might fly back out to the Ivory Coast if Egypt get through the group. I have to say, I've never known anything like that before. Sounds very weird to me.
I think Salah knows Egypt are shit so got the fuck out, he probably knows they can’t win the AFCO and their chances will be lessened without him in the side. He and the Dippers have pulled a fast one here, if Egypt do fail to qualify he’ll play in next week’s premier league game (midweek).

I was quite impressed with Liverpool yesterday but not enough to give up on the league just yet! I've got a lot of time for Bournemouth's manager but find it hard to believe he's managed such a transformation in the time he's been there. I am sceptical about their position as second best form team as it's already been posted that this has more to do with the opposition you have faced than anything else and Bournemouth's position seems to rely heavily on credit for a victory against a mythically great rag team. Bournemouth have performed creditably against "lesser" teams and Newcastle BUT before yesterday they had lost at Liverpool (3-1), Spurs (3-!), at home to Spurs (0-2), at home to Arsenal (0-4), at Brighton (3-1), at home to Wolves (1-2), away at Everton (0-3), away at Spurs (1-3), and of course they'd shipped 6 at the Etihad. And whereas Salah didn't play yesterday, he did at Anfield, whereas KdB didn't play when we put 6 past Bournemouth and Haaland played only half the game. This is a collection of 10 PL defeats altogether, and 6 of the defeats are against teams in the top 5. The only point they have taken off a top five team is a home draw (2-2) against Villa. One point out of 7 games along with some very heavy defeats. So perhaps the scousers aren't home and dry yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.